Kodak Printer Pressie

Discussion in 'Photography Talk' started by rosa, Jun 8, 2009.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    just bought a kodak Esp9 it is cordless multi-functional with fax, picking it up at comet on thursday, its the new up to date one, the inks are so inexpensive for these only £17 so i bought one and got another half price, all other printers i have had its cost me nearly £40, cant wait to get it

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    got the new printer today, couldnt do it wireless for some reason, so i plugged in an ethernet cable and it came up on my pc so thats all sorted just the fax to rig up on it, anyone know how you do these wireless as i havnt a clue, may just leave the ethernet cable in at least its working

3. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,630
    Hi Rosa so pleased for you,can,t help much never used Wireless,please let me know how you get on with It :thumb::)
    I use this when Mrs Woo is,nt using It as a Bread Bin:hehe:
    [​IMG]

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi woo heres my new printer, hehe yours a bread bin. got it working apparently you need ethernet cable to use as wireless

[​IMG]

5. djrock

djrock Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Hello, My uncle has the esp 7 and it prints really good photos! Getting the wireless setup was not easy due to getting an error message, which was wrong. It said something like unplug Ethernet cable before wireless can be enabled. There was not an Ethernet cable plugged in!

I found out it does not like having the network setting (ip address, subnet etc) configured before the wireless is enabled. You would think Kodak would have built in the ability to sense if the Ethernet port is being used.

The reason why the inks cheaper is due to the cartridge does not come with a print head (It’s in the printer). So I advice only use new Kodak cartridges (not refills or other makes) since I don’t think replacement print head(s) will be cheap for that printer!

You shouldn't need the ethernet cable for the wireless to work.

djrock

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi djrock i was getting an error message come up, ive still got ethernet cable in i took it out and error messages came up so i plugged it back in and its working fine, will it be ok to keep ethernet plugged into my hard drive. it takes fantastic pictures as good iff not better than the shops.
    my printer came with a print head and i bought an extra 2 packs of the kodak ink cartridges i will only use them and they are so much cheaper than other makes, colour and black ones £16 so im pleased with price of them.
    its got a fax and i havnt got it plugged into phone as yet to be honest i dont know which cable goes were from my main phone to printer

7. djrock

djrock Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi, Are you sure itâ??s working wirelessly? Have you checked with another machine with wireless? Has the blue led lit up the WiFi logo at the bottom right hand corner below the ethernet logo on the front?

What does the error message say?

Looking at the manual page 27 (Configuring basic wireless (WiFi) settings) at the top it says â??Caution: If there is an Ethernet cable plugged in to the Ethernet port on the back of the printer, unplug it before starting this task.â?

Page 30 tells you how to connect it to the telephone line.

[FONT=&quot]djrock[/FONT]

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi djrock i really dont know thats its wireless at a guess i would say it isnt, dont know how to do it wireless. will look through book again and let you know how it goes. the error message hasnt come back on it seems fine now

9. Doogle

Doogle Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Rosa: Take care when connecting it to your 'phone line. If you're going to connect it to the same line that is providing your Broadband you must remember to put a filter in otherwise you may either disturb the Broadband, or you may find that when you send / receive a Fax, your Internet connection goes down and / or the Fax doesn't work at all. You should have been supplied with (at least) a couple of filters when your Broadband was installed.

The filters are little white boxes about 4 X 2 X 0.5 inches with two sockets at one end and a lead with a telephone plug at the other. You plug the plug into the 'phone socket and the Fax lead from the Printer into the socket marked 'phone' (it may just have a little picture of the 'phone.)

If it's going to go on a totally different line (ie on a different telephone number) then there's no need to use a filter at all.

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi doogle, i have filters connected speedtouch ones can i just connect the fax line onto the same phone connection as i really dont know how to do it, my main phone has an answer machine

11. djrock

djrock Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
  12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    im having problems connecting the fax because ive already got my phone and answer machine connected to the phone line, ive got a speed touch from the phone line then my phone is connected to that looks impossible to connect the fax any ideas, it states in book iff i have another device such as answer machine these devices should be connected to EXT OUT port of the printer, then its the other end ive know were to put it were phone and phone line is