Kodak V1253 Charge

Discussion in 'Photography Talk' started by rosa, Mar 12, 2008.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    4 weeks ago as most of you know i bought the new kodak v1253, 12 megapixel digital camera.
    my concern is its a fab camera takes lovely pics but when its fully charged it just seems to last 2 days then i have to re-charge it.
    The battery came with the camera was thinking it was this and i cant buy the battery at the kodak shops, just online.
    I took it back to pc world this morning and the guy in there reckons it will use the charge because of the picture size and megapixels.
    I then went to kodak shop and the girl reckons it should last longer than this.
    pc world said iff i get a new battery and find it is that he will personally contact kodak to get me a new battery so i would then have 2.
    does anyone know about these cameras, i have e-mailed kodak about this.

2. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,630
    Hi Rosa I have a friend with the same Camera as you I rang him up and he said that his Battery lasts for 3 or 4 Days depends If he uses the Flash a Lot ,He did say To let the Battery run right Down because It seems to get a Better charge That way,It usually takes roughly 3 Hours to charge fully,Sorry I can't be of more Help. [​IMG]

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thanks woo, just had an e-mail from kodak they say the battery that came with the camera is standard and it doesnt last, and recommended this
    Li-Ion Rechargeable KLIC - 7004 I replied to them and told them this battery is the one i got with the camera, just waiting to hear from them.
    Did your friend get this battery with his camera, will be interesting to find out or has he had to buy another battery.

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Rosa,I did say when you first had the camera that you would be better off getting a spare battery so that as one runs down then you would have the spare one fully charged ready to go. [​IMG]

If you use the flash a lot like Woo says or you use the recording facility then that will drain the battery quicker.It is a mazing just how fast they do run down and it is usually when you least expect it.

Hope that Kodak can respond quickly.Also the manufactures never put in decent batteries with the cameras so you are always better off buying better quality ones yourself.When we got my new camera last August we saw what batteries came with it and bought some better ones while we were in the shop.Good Luck with it [​IMG]

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi kandy, what i cant understand is the battery that they are suggesting its the same battery that came with the camera, at the minute kodak has not got back to me asking them this.
    I just think 2 days seems ridiculous as my fuji fully charged is over a week and my sony lasts 3 weeks.
    I will get another battery but will have to buy one on-line, I cant believe that the kodak shop here doesnt stock these batteries.

6. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,630
    Hi Rosa No I think He as the same Battery I will ask Him tomorrow as He works Nights.What Battery have you got now. [​IMG]

7. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Rosa, Mr Kandy says that any beeps, etc. that the camera makes when you switch it on, change a setting, press a button or take a picture will use up the battery. You could try going in to the setup screen and turn off all the beeps, etc. Also our cameras have different focusing modes:- manual, single or continuous. If yours has anything like this (Read the manual to find out) then try setting it to single. This stops the camera continuously refocusing and reduces the drain on the battery. You only need continuous mode for moving action shots.
    Finally as Woo suggested turn of the flash unless you really need it.Hope this info helps
    [​IMG]

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    woo the battery that came with the camera is Li Lion Recgargeable KLIC - 7004.
    Kodak online said the batteries that came with the camera do not last, come standard with the camera for diagnostic purpose only, whatever that all means.

kandy there is a button on the top to switch flash on and off when reguired, theres no beeps when i switch it on, and i havnt got it set for contionous mode, its only on a normal setting.

9. Dave W

Dave W Total Gardener

Anything I fancy and can afford!
    Ratings:
    +3,035
    Just been 'Googling' at the specifications of your Kodak Rosa.
    The battery you have is rated at 1000mAh which isn't a particularly high capacity, but I'm still surprised it runs flat so quickly. We've a little Nikon that uses 1100mAh batteries and it last for weeks and well over 100 photos (though flash use reduces capacity quite a bit). However the LCD screen on your Kodak is BIG and will consume a lot of power.

Some suggestions for steps to take to reduce power drain (if you've not already taken them) -

In your camera's Set Up menu -
    1. Turn LCD Brightness to 'Power Save' rather than the default setting of 'High Power'
    2. Check that the 'LCD Dimmer' is set to the 10 second' default setting and not to a longer setting.
    3. Set 'Sound Volume' to 'Low' instead of the default of 'Medium'
    4. Set 'Auto Power Off' to '1 Minute' rather than the 3 minute default setting.

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi DaveW, Thanks for the set up will do all this, the guy in pc world said its because of the screen size and the 12 megapixels can drain the battery quicker.
    I was wondering iff it was this battery that came with the camera, yet its the same battery as they have suggested, do they give you a battery with very little power..
    will certainly check the menu out and see iff i can save some power, thanks again.

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    davew just to let you know i have changed them settings, the picture screen size is reduced also, will let you know how it performs.

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    just would like you to know since i made the changes my camera seems to be holding longer charge, so i guess it must of been the picture size i had it on and a few other things.

13. Dave W

Dave W Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +3,035
    That's great Rosa. It won't make a vast difference, but every little helps!

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    DaveW i was thinking i should buy a new battery see iff that makes a difference, kodak have them online and they are �£17,99 plus �£6 postage a lot of money for a little square battery.

15. Dave W

Dave W Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +3,035