Kokedama Japanese Moss Baslls/String Garden

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by NCFCcrazy, May 30, 2015.

1. NCFCcrazy

NCFCcrazy Super Gardener

Bored office monkey
    Ratings:
    +1,051
    I saw these being made on Gardeners World last night and my local nursery (Urban Jungle Norwich) often has them hanging around. I thought I would give it a go so went and got some moss and string. It was a bit tricky but managed to make a couple of them, used more string than I expected. I would post pics but my phone is broken.

I am going to make some more, I have some Night Scented Stock which I think will work well. I couldnt get Bonsai compost and tried adding some top soil but that didnt really work. I would probably used a florists wire next time and will try and use different moss. I used Sphagnum but it was tricky to work with.

Anyone else either done it or considering it? This video on You Tube is quite good

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +92,087
    I noticed these as well.
    Seemed a bit like a hanging basket that is more trouble to look after.:scratch::smile:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • NCFCcrazy

NCFCcrazy Super Gardener

Bored office monkey
      Ratings:
      +1,051
      These are the ones I made, a small one with a scented night flox and the other is Persicaria Purple.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]