Large pot ideas please

Discussion in 'Container Gardening' started by luciusmaximus, May 16, 2014.

1. luciusmaximus

luciusmaximus Total Gardener

Lost in the Wilderness
    Ratings:
    +6,899
    I have a large tub, which stands almost 2 ft high and measures almost 2ft across. It is filled with compost. I need to put something in it that will tolerate out windy/salty conditions but that also produces flowers which are good for wildlife. Can someone suggest something please? I bought a blackcurrant shrub to put in it but didn't notice on the label it says to plant in soil. I could of course remove all the compost and buy bags of soil but can't really be bothered. Plus a couple of the rats are buried in the tub.

2. Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd go for a Buddleia,it would be fine in the container and great for Butterflies and Bees and tolerate all the said conditions:thumbsup:

• Creative Creative x 1
    • luciusmaximus

luciusmaximus Total Gardener

Lost in the Wilderness
      Ratings:
      +6,899
      I should have said I already have one of those on the patio. And Lavender. Would Honeysuckle work?

• Jungle Jane

Jungle Jane Middle Class Twit Of The Year 2005

Local Nutcase
      Ratings:
      +3,225
      For a pot that size you want something with a lot of impact and also height. How about a fruit tree of some sort?

You can get all different sized ones nowadays and they benefit wildlife more than people realise.

• Agree Agree x 1