Lawn re-seeded

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by robbo, Apr 29, 2006.

1. robbo

robbo Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    A few weeks ago after cutting and scarifying my lawn i re-seeded the bare patches and the seed that was left was just scattered about, but now with the recent run of good weather my lawn could do with a cut but most of the seed is only just germinating so do i cut it and give it a bit of a re-seed or should i just leave it as its becoming a bit of an eyesore. advice appreciated

2. cattwoman25

cattwoman25 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    hi
    im in the same boat as you i have re-seeded and its just started to germinate but the grass that i do have is really long and messy !

its dying to be cut but i have decided to leave it for at least another week or i think the seed will just get cut too short and trampled on and then i will be back to square 1 having to re-seed again.

lisa

3. Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    can you cut round re seeded bit? It may look funny for a bit but it will even out later.

4. JKinnell

JKinnell Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd personally leave it until the new grass is cuttable; it may look silly for a while but at least you won't damage any of your fragile new grass! ;)q