Liz and madflowers Hostas

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by madflower, Aug 21, 2006.

1. madflower

madflower Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Liz thanks for all the advice with the hostas, got them online from crocus ( so impressed with the service and site) took all of your advice, a beautiful "june" "patriot" and "wedgewood blue" they look so graceful, Liz do i have to cut the flower stem thingys down in the winter or just leave them?

2. Liz

Liz Gardener

Ratings:
    +65
    [​IMG] Cut them off when they start looking untidy, unless seed heads are developing and you want to try seeds! [​IMG]
    Haven't tried crocus, there have been several goodreportsfrom people.

3. frogesque

frogesque Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Crocus are pretty good. The owner of one of 'my' gardens ordered a couple of trees from Crocus and they sent two the same instead of two different ones. A replacement was sent within the week for it and they said not to bother sending back the wrong one.

Things do go wrong sometimes and it's what happens afterwards that's important. 10/10 for Crocus.

4. madflower

madflower Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Liz, my Hostas from crocus are lovely, really big and healthy.They arrived really well packaged (the next day), i also bought an acer as a gift, and it was huge and only 15.00, i bought mine from homebase and it's not half as big, so i would def recommend crocus, i've called one of my Hostas Liz in your honour :D