London Attack

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by wiseowl, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
    At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
    Ratings:
    +48,820
    @Snorky85 - if they are born and bred here, they should be jailed for life; whole life. Oh, and jails should not be the cushy number that they currently are with Playstations and pool tables etc.

I agree that Maggie May and her Tory counterparts haven't done much in the face of this escalating problem, but can you really see Corbyn being any more effective? Yes, hate breeds hate - I agree, and that is exactly what is happening here and now. These attacks are building hatred amongst many people in this country, and that hatred is being misdirected at times - admittedly, usually by those with lower intelligence levels - toward other people in this country, purely because they are of a certain race or religion; on every level, that is wrong.

Talking is not going to fix this - nor is rolling over, being 'tolerant' or continuing to allow these extremists to move in and out of this country freely.

Yes, we absolutely should be tolerant and understanding of others race, religion and ways of life, but they should be tolerant of ours.

Time for the western world to join forces, and send a whole load of military firepower to their doorstep!

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Snorky85

Snorky85 Total Gardener

Accountant
      Ratings:
      +10,844
      Totally agree @fat controller but I dont think the tories are helping in the way they are damaging public services. We need a really strong public services set up to cope with these attacks....that is something a good government can do something about. The actual action to take to deal with homegrown terrorists is so difficult I really don't know what can be done....May or Corbyn or whoever. I will be watching with interest as to what action is going to be taken.

It does make me feel so sad when I hear the anti-muslim comments as I have many muslim (and many other race/religious) friends and have seen how it hurts them when they are grouped into the "terrorist" category. Alternatively I can see how if it was one of my family members that were hurt or killed that the pain of that would probably fill me with rage and hatred. It's an awful situation this world is in and I dispair at it. :sad:

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
        Ratings:
        +89,264
        Oh No I don't ! I am a barn Owl and I reside in a barn;)(Joke)

• Funny Funny x 3
        • Like Like x 1
        • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
          Ratings:
          +84,318
          They knew they were going to die when they set out on this.
          Are you suggesting that if real explosives were available that they would have still used dummy suicide vests?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Snorky85

Snorky85 Total Gardener

Accountant
            Ratings:
            +10,844
            My thoughts were that they've used this as a quick and easy way of setting up a horrific attack...I think a suicide vest would take more planning. A fake vest would have the same i initial scare factor as a real one. Just my view on their sick tactics.

• Like Like x 1
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • pete

Retired
              Ratings:
              +84,318
              Like I said, I'm tending to think they were not well prepared.
              If they were armed with guns it could have been worse.
              And if the suicide vests had been real, who knows what would have happened in those last few moments before they were shot.

• Like Like x 1
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Friendly Friendly x 1
              • Snorky85

Snorky85 Total Gardener

Accountant
                Ratings:
                +10,844
                Just goes to show how easy it is for these nutcases to pull off a horrific attack without much planning, which now makes me anxious. Now I feel like I don't want to go into London anymore-never ever thought i'd feel like that. Glad my husband isnt based in the gherkin anymore.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Beckie76

Beckie76 Total Gardener

Ratings:
                  +8,435
                  No no no @Snorky85, I don't want to hear you say this, not today not ever :nonofinger: you won't let them beat you, we will win....we are British, we will go to London we will keep calm carry on & drink tea! Please don't let them get the better of you!
                  My personal feeling is nowhere is safe, these terrorists are complete nutters & could strike anywhere anytime.....those pieces of scum are not going to stop me, I won't let them & if at anytime in my precious life I get caught up in any of this nonsense then I will be doing everything little old me can do to help the innocent people who surround me! :paladin:. They can't win! :nonofinger:

• Like Like x 1
                  • Friendly Friendly x 1
                  • Fat Controller

Public Transport
                    Ratings:
                    +48,820
                    That is the frightening bit about it really. All the usual tripe has come out - "nothing to be alarmed about" - "we will not be cowed" - "carry on as normal".......... and then our Prime Minister makes a speech that "things must change", and around the same time it was said that we need to look at the layout of our streets to make them safer (I presume they are referring to barriers and bollards?)

Pish! Absolute, first class Pish!! :mad:

How is ANY of what is going on, including the concert in Manchester tonight, NORMAL? How is it NORMAL to have armed police and the army on our streets? Is it carrying on as normal to have to plan to change our streets and introduce street furniture to try and thwart attacks?

Also, whilst I am having yet another rant..... Today, 12 people have been arrested in connection with last nights events. That, to me, suggests that the police had a pretty good idea where to look for those connected - - that being the case, why were they not dealt with before the attack took place? Or at the least, why were they not being watched so closely that the police knew exactly when they went to the loo?

Or, has Sadiq Khan dropped a ball somewhere? Too many cuts to police budgets, and not taking the threat seriously enough? I have to be honest, I have ZERO confidence in the guy as Mayor given his track record to date.

• Agree Agree x 4
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Beckie76

Beckie76 Total Gardener

Ratings:
                      +8,435
                      :goodpost: @fat controller (I don't give those out very often!)

The concert tonight isn't normal but it is bloody awesome :hapydancsmil: & I hope it has shoved one right up the arses of the terrorists :blue thumb: it just goes to show how great we are :blue thumb:

Don't even get me started on the 12 people arrested....ok I've started so naturally I will finish :doh:, that to me just says 'we knew who they were but didn't have the resources to watch them all??? I'm no expert that's just my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
                      • Friendly Friendly x 1
                      • Fat Controller

Public Transport
                        Ratings:
                        +48,820
                        Thanks @Beckie76 :)

We are watching it on TV at the moment, and it is really good to see.

Therein lies my point with Mr Khan - he pledged not to put public transport fares up, and not to cut any services, but I can tell you for a fact that bus services are being reduced in frequency right across the capital. Then there is the mess following the tram crash in Croydon - only very recently, another driver was shown falling asleep at the controls! And then there are the terrorist incidents (note the plural)........

All on Mr Sadiq Khan's watch.

• Agree Agree x 2
                        • Like Like x 1
                        • Beckie76

Beckie76 Total Gardener

Ratings:
                          +8,435
                          Anyone pledging that prices won't rise & services won't be cut are talking [email protected] country is financially on its knees, there will be a lot more cuts & services reduced....in my opinion it's time for a massive shake up :dbgrtmb:

• Like Like x 2
                          • CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
                            Ratings:
                            +30,478
                            There is not more need for regular police forces for civil service. These people are not civil. Their Imams and latest generation/roots agents are allowed to ignite hate for everything non Islam. And the peaceful Muslims seem not to notice what is happening in their own community. There is a very dense loyalty within this sector and failing to see the danger signs gives the impression, to me that tacit approval of terrorist activities should be given the three monkey treatment. See no ....

We here in Canada are witnessing the current Trudeau government refusing to strip tbe Toronto 18 of their dual/Canadian citizenship. These people tried to blow up our Bay street and are eligible for parole soon.

Seems like getting rid of non Muslims is being quietly supported. It frightens me. We have experienced attempts at economic take over and now it seems that blood must be spilled and terror spread to make the movement faster.

I really hope that those Muslims who truly support peace and during this Month of Ramadan start being proactive and start investigating their cellars and son's contacts and digital influences.

Just my humble opinion.

• Like Like x 5
                            • Friendly Friendly x 1
                            • Snorky85

Snorky85 Total Gardener

Accountant
                              Ratings:
                              +10,844
                              Actually the police services and civil service has been cut drastically over the last few years whilst the tories have been in power. The NHS is in a right state (i know first hand from being the head of business planning at a trust). The public sector relies on the good will of it's workers to scrape by. If there are persistent terror attacks the system will eventually break. :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
                              • Friendly Friendly x 1
                                Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
                              • pete

Retired
                                Ratings:
                                +84,318
                                Agree with all you say FC, but I dont think, how ever much money you throw at the police, they will ever be able to watch and follow all the suspects, there are just far too many of them.

The legal system, and some MPs will never allow a clamp down on those suspects, until of course they murder someone.
                                But by then its far too late.

So yes things will carry on as normal, this is "normal" now.

And what really pees me off is when they start saying how little eg.(Mohammed) was such a nice little kid, shame he got "radicalised".
                                Its a kop out and excuses their actions, they were probably rotten from the start IMO.

• Like Like x 2
                                • Friendly Friendly x 1