1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for winter-protect covers for two 1.2m square raised beds

Discussion in 'Garden Projects and DIY' started by John Dalrymple, Sep 14, 2018 at 1:55 PM.

1. John Dalrymple

John Dalrymple Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +23
    I've put together a pair of 1,2 metre square raised beds (images below) and was looking for a couple of framed covers for them to protect plants over the winter and bring stuff on a bit in the spring. I thought this would be easy, but is it heck! I was expecting to be able to get one of those polythene framed tent things with zippable flaps, but I can't see a one anywhere, I can get the polythene bit off ebay - but it doesn't come with the frame for some reason.

Also I'm not sure if a fleece cover would do the job rather than the polythene, there do seem to be a few of those around.

Does anyone have an idea of where I could get this stuff online?

Cheers.

[​IMG]Projects by John Dalrymple on Gardeners Corner - The Friendly Gardening Forum

2. John Dalrymple

Ratings:
    +23
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • mazambo

mazambo Gardener

Ratings:
      +50
      Hi John
      The cloche fleece looks good, I've come across this site don't know if that helps you at all. Raised bed Covers

• Informative Informative x 1
      • John Dalrymple

Ratings:
        +23
        Cheers, that looks a handy site. Bookmarked.

• Agree Agree x 1