making lawn

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by anette, Jan 5, 2006.

1. anette

anette Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    hello,
    could anybody tell me what are the prices for making lawn in UK?? ;)

greetings!

2. rudham1

rudham1 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    depends on several different factors, checklist of what to think of before you can price up
    whats your soil like?does it need improving with organic matter or drainage material? how quick till you need the lawn to be established?
    these are all things to think about before you buy your seed or turf. then think about what your lawn's going to be used for, kids playing football or purely to have an immaculate lush space, or somewhere in between! when you've thought about all of that then start thinking of the cost of materials. sounds complicated but no use doing something unless you know what you want to get from your lawn.

3. Lady Gardener

Lady Gardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    just to give you start figure i saw s0ome turf advertised at �£5.50 rep sq metre delivered ....

4. rudham1

rudham1 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    turf depends on what you want from your lawn and how much your willing to pay. don't buy from a garden centre they tend to leave the turf rolled up too long. find a local landscaper who'll deliver fresh turf at great prices. i got 150 sq metres of q turf delivered at �£2.75 a metre nothing for delivery. cut the day before it was delivered.

5. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    Thanks for the tip, Rudham (again!) I'm planning to relay my lawn as the chap who did it, put in 15tons of topsoil beforehand - almost pure clay! So after 5 years of struggle, I'm giving up and starting again!