Meet "Rocky."

Discussion in 'Wildlife Corner' started by Doghouse Riley, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Head Gardener

"Pleasantly unemployed."
    Ratings:
    +4,411
    My wife likes too give certain regular garden visitors a name, so she's called him "Rocky," you know, after "Rockin' Robin." He's got a girlfriend, "Rosie."

The blackbirds, blue tits and dunnocks which are always in our garden, "send him" to let us know when there's no dried meal worms left in the feeders, as he's the bravest. He's on one of the handles of our French windows, he can sit there for quite some time, looking in. He can see the telly from there. Sometimes he turns round to "survey his empire."

I took these on zoom, from 20 ft away in our lounge.

P1000906.JPG

P1000907.JPG

These from behind the French windows.

P1000943.JPG

P1000944.JPG

P1000946.JPG

• Like Like x 5
    • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +52,311
      I think we all have a soft spot for the Robins Doghouse Riley. :) Recently having moved to a rural position I see quite a few now with up to half a dozen around the bird table together. They can be vicious with each other and quite a few spats go on.

A male Pheasant has recently become a regular and almost at the point where he will take food from my hand. Like your wife I give a name to the more distinctive visitors and I've called him Oliver. My husband caught him outside the back door calling for food one morning, hence the name. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 2