Micro irrigation manifold?

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by Astraeus, Aug 26, 2024.

1. Astraeus

Astraeus Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Evening all.

I have a micro drip set up using the Gardena Master Unit 2000 (Master Unit 2000 | GARDENA). I would like to add a manifold to it to split the output between three different 'runs'. Darlac manufacture the exact thing (Darlac Micro Irrigation Manifold DW720 | Darlac Garden Tools).

However, I can't see how the manifold would connect to the Master Unit. The unit has a male hose connector or a 4.6mm micro drip reducer. The manifold only seems to have the option of a male hose connector. Is my only option to run a tiny piece of hose between the two with a hozelock adapter on the manifold end?

Does anyone have a more elegant solution to split off from the Gardena Master Unit please?

2. CarolineL

CarolineL Total Gardener

Retired Software engineer
    Ratings:
    +4,847
    Hi @Astraeus
    I used to have a gardena system in my greenhouse and I think to get it to cover the benches separately I just used gardena splitters on their large diameter tubing. I think the exit manifold on the gardena is designed for their tubing so it's best to stick to that to get a solid leak-free junction. The darlac one looks like it's designed for only a few "final spurs" if you see what I mean. If you have a lot of drippers you need to use the large diameter tube for the three runs and then take your final feeders off that.

3. KT53

KT53 Gardener

Retired and clapped out.
    Ratings:
    +458
    I've used a Hozelock system for years. All I have done is insert T pieces in the 1/2 pipe with isolating taps for each section.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • DiggersJo

DiggersJo Keen Gardener

Ratings:
      +1,466
      As @KT53 has said, I too would use either a "T" connector or cross like this here. I've not looked but they likely do the inline 4mm taps as well.