MiracleGro Liquifeed

Discussion in 'Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling' started by Victoria Plum, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Victoria Plum

Victoria Plum Gardener

Ratings:
    +43
    Does anyone have any experience of using this.

I use it for most of my general garden feeding because the time I get in the garden is limited. But last year I am sure I remember the bottles going down pretty quickly.

This year I have been using the same feeding gun as last time, but it seems to be lasting an awful long time. It does go down, but only about 2/3rds of a centimeter for about 40 minutes watering.

We are having a problem with water pressure at the moment (which the authorities are all passing the buck on!) and so it does take an age to get round the garden. I wondered if the amount of feed coming out may be linked to the water pressure.

How quickly should this stuff go down?

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :scratch: You could be right Victoria & it is linked to the pressure as to how much is used.. Why not contact Miracle grow customer services they should be able to tell you.. Higher pressure means it will swill around in the miracle grow cointainer.. If the pressure is low I don't think it will use so much, but this is just me guessing.. :wink:

3. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Head Gardener

"Pleasantly unemployed."
    Ratings:
    +4,413
    I've one of these and I can never work out how effective they are, the liquid in the reservoir hardly changes colour. I blow through the tubes occasionally, "dpn't try this at home" but thee never seems to be any obstructions. I'm comforted by the thought that I can't be over fertilizing anything.

It may be the water pressure. Try watering late at night, (before they drop the pressure as our utility company does, presumably to avoid worsening the leaks when not a lot of water is being used. The low pressure plays havoc with our 9kw bathroom shower, if I use it after midnight).

4. Victoria Plum

Victoria Plum Gardener

Ratings:
    +43
    I looked at the website and it says on a video that you can water 400 sq ft or for 15 minutes! So I think I am in no way 'feeding' my plants.

Our shower doesn't work at any time of day, and filling the watering can takes an age!