Mixing feeds

Discussion in 'Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling' started by Loofah, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Loofah

Loofah Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
    +23,862
    OK, this is a bit retrospective as I did it yesterday, but... Would it be detrimental to the lawn to mix spring with autumn feeds? I had a bit of each left over, not enough on their own to feed all the lawn but mixed together gave about the right amount. The spring said to apply april-sept and the autumn sept-nov; theoretically I applied both at the right time;)
    They were both granular feed incidentally, will be trying out liquid next spring

2. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    Hi Loofah,

If it is the same as with plant feeds then the spring will have more nitrogen in to promote growth and the autumn wouldn`t. It`s only lawn feed so it shouldn`t be too much of a problem. If you are worried I think if you water in in very very well it will dilute the quantities, but it is early autumn and doubt it will be a serious error.

I like these retrospective posts-just like me.LOL

3. roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +7,093
    :) Oh dear....... the poor grass won't know if to wake up or go to sleep lol.:wink:

4. Loofah

Loofah Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
    +23,862
    I know exactly how that feels every day at the desk!!