Mobile phone camera

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by nathan7, Oct 19, 2009.

1. nathan7

nathan7 Gardener

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +11
    Can I put pics from my mobile camera on to my pictures file if I can HOW? many thanks Colin

2. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    You'll either need a cable to connect the phone to your computer and save them on the computer or bluetooth them to the computer.

3. nathan7

nathan7 Gardener

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +11
    Thank you SG, There was not a cable with the phone but I should get one from Maplin I was thinking of taking my mobile with me to the shop and see what they can do many thanks

4. Sam1974x

Sam1974x Gardener

Ratings:
    +17
    Your cheapest option would be ebay and search for the model of your phone, then look for data cable.

Failing that you can buy 'dongle' thingies that bluetooth from the phone to pc.

Either option would be a couple of quid off ebay - I have brought both before :)

I did though find the data cable a lot easier than the bluetooth, although I do always find it funny with bluetooth of the names of other peoples stuff you pick up when searching ... why do people name themselves/phones etc such stupid things ?? lol

5. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    Good advice from Sam and yes, a data cable is a lot easier to use. You probably have one lying arounf somewhere - they usually come with the phone when you buy one.

6. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,596
    There are a few options:

1. A USB cable - This depends on your phone really. Some won't do USB transfers from the built in memory, only from any extra memory you've added (like mine). It also depends on sockets on your phone. I don't think there's a standard connector yet on the phone side.

2. A bluetooth dongle - If your phone has bluetooth, you can buy a bluetooth dongle for your computer for about £5, or if the computer is fairly new it may have bluetooth built in already. I use this option as it saves messing about with cables.

3. A memory card reader in the computer - If you have added a microSD card to your phone, you can get a memory card reader for your computer that plugs into a USB port, you can then put the phone's microSD card in the computer and just read it like any other folder on the system.

7. nathan7

nathan7 Gardener

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +11
    Many thanks to you all I have just got a data cable of e-bay for
    £3.50