Monet's Garden

Discussion in 'Garden Visits' started by wahaj, Nov 21, 2006.

1. wahaj

wahaj Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

Me and my boyfriend are planning a trip to monet's garden...we're trying to find out what's the cheapest way of doing it.

We've been quoted 5 nights with breakfast to paris....with one day trip to monet's garden.

but we only really want 2 nights....with a day trip to monet's garden.

have any of you been? how did you do it?

thanks [​IMG]

2. GREENWIZARD

GREENWIZARD Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    fancy bumping into you here :D
    would also love to go but your pics will have to do instead :D

3. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    I haven't been, but if I was going to go, I'd combine it with a camping holiday, and make my own way there. Camping on public sites (camping municipal) is cheap and good in France - I've done it a lot. I know there are good ones all around the outside of Paris, as we stayed on one when we took the kids to Parc Asterix.

Hope you get there, it's a lovely place, I've been told, and the pictures you see are beautiful.

This link is from someone's photos of holidays at camp sites in that area, and visit to the garden, just to get you in the mood.....

http://www.john.tavener.btinternet.co.uk/camping/etang.htm

This link might help.....

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g187185-Giverny_Haute_Normandie_Normandy-Hotels.html

[ 14. January 2007, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: dendrobium ]

4. Stingo

Stingo Gardener

Ratings:
    +21
    I'd suggest doing it yourself, we do. Everything can be booked online and therefore you can streamline your holiday to suit yourself.

Eurostar goes to Paris if that's where you want to stay or you could stay (sorry ignorance here!) wherever Monets garden is and explore that area.

Where is his garden?

5. Mona Lisa

Mona Lisa Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Giverny, home to Monet's Garden is just under an hour out of Paris ....

If you are doing a short trip ...Eurostar is probably your quickest option ....You'll arrive at the Gare du Nord and need to get to Gare St.Lazaire..... to do this ...
    take the RER ( R�©seau Express R�©gional) line E in the direction of St-Lazare and get off there. On your return journey take the same line in the direction of Chelles-Gournay or Villiers-sur-Marne and get off at Magenta (which is next to Gare du Nord).

Take the Rouen train from Gare St. Lazare station to Vernon

From the Vernon train station to Monet's garden ... The Vernon-Giverny bus meets every train for the 15-minute run to Giverny and takes you back to every return train to Paris. You can also rent a bike at Caf�© du Chemin de Fer opposite the train station and follow a paved bike path (piste cyclable) that runs from near Vernon along an abandoned railroad ( about 30 min to Giverny).

The gardens are open April to October......CLOSED MONDAY..

There a link here for accommodation in Giverny village
    http://www.giverny.fr/-Accommodation-.html

hope this helps ...M-L :cool: