Money Saving Expert

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by Blackthorn, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Blackthorn

Blackthorn Gardener

Ratings:
    +4
    Martin Lewis, whom you may of heard of from Radio 4 Money Box program and You and yours, has a website with lots of useful money saving tips and advice. You can also subscribe to his email which gives you the latest on everything from companies who are trying to rip us off to where to buy the best free software.
    Hope it is of use to you. http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

2. PeterS

PeterS Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +4,015
    Thanks Blackthorn - thats a useful site. There are an awful lot of ways of saying money if you put your mind to it. Checking out your car, and other, insurance on the internet is one. Making sure you get something useful back from your credit card is another (I use goldfish - gives 0.66% back as vouchers in a lot of stores). And using free virus checkers and firewalls is another.

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    I joined his site over 12 months ago.Fantastic tips though it is heart rending to see the amount of debt that people have got theirselves into,but good to see how people have also dragged themselves out of debt through sheer hard work.
    My first husband was the kind of person that wanted everything he saw and ran up huge credit card bills,that had to be paid from the sale of our home when the marriage fell apart.He left me with nothing,but I have managed to climb back,without any help from anyone,so it can be done.A lesson learned.... [​IMG]

4. Blackthorn

Blackthorn Gardener

Ratings:
    +4
    Sounds like an awful experience Kandyfloss and well done for getting yourself back on your feet. [​IMG]

5. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Thankyou Blackthorn.He was quite a control freak and I was a bit frightened of him.One of my sisters wanted to tell me on my wedding day that I was making a mistake,but my parents wouldn't let her.As they said I had to find it out for myself.I was only 20 at the time.Finally called it a day when he had his hands round my throat.It has taken me and Mr Kandy 26 years to get where we have got to,but we got there in the end,so If we can do it then anyone can [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    PeterS We used to use Goldfish,but had so many problems with them that we changed.The card we have is through the Caravan Club and with the points we get site night vouchers so next time we go away,we only have to pay for 3 nights out of 10 days,so we are there free for 7 nights [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. PeterS

PeterS Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +4,015
    Kandyfloss. Good for you. it's so sad. There is such a lot intolerance and violence out there. I really cannot understand people sometimes.

I've never had any problems with Goldfish. But I am glad to see you are getting something useful from your card. For years I had a Barlaycard with points you could only redeem from a small catalog. There was never anything that I wanted in the catalog.