Morning Glory Wilting

Discussion in 'NEW Gardeners !' started by Carlqua, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Carlqua

Carlqua Gardener

Self Employed Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +48
    So, I went out into my garden this afternoon to check on my beloved plants; who have been growing so healthily since I planted them and my morning glories look really sick.

They looked kind of like this yesterday too, and I thought it was because my nephews watered them and they got a bit too much water, but they looked fine again last night.

I suspect it may be due to the heat since it was super hot - my feet burned on the decking, but I'm not really sure and I would like to know if this is due to heat or overwatering, and possibly how you can tell?

Honestly, this is one of the first plants I've grown and to see it come this far and then get sick is heartbreaking :help:

IMG_20180625_125223.jpg

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +117,264
    It definitely looks as though it's suffering from lack of water and not over watering. I'm presuming that the pot has holes in the bottom - which it should have.

It's probably the angle of the photo but the pot doesn't look deep enough to support the plant in hot weather. It needs a fair amount of soil to hold the moisture to support that amount of leaf growth.

In this weather it will need watering at least twice a day. We're, currently, watering our hanging baskets three times a day.

• Like Like x 2
    • Carlqua

Carlqua Gardener

Self Employed Web Developer
      Ratings:
      +48
      Hey Shiney, thanks for the input.

I did give them a good water earlier, the sun has made it's round now and they're back in the shade and now they have gone back to their usual appearance again. It does make sense that they are lacking water rather than too much sun, they are a plant from North and Central USA after all.

IMG_20180625_161717.jpg

• Friendly Friendly x 1