Morrisons reduced compost, cococoir

Discussion in 'Freebies, Offers & Bargains' started by Hanglow, Aug 24, 2022.

1. Hanglow

Hanglow Super Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,990
    They had bags of new horizons reduced from £5 to £3 and blocks of coco coir heavily reduced to 75p each. They make 15l once rehydrated if you want to try your own diy peat free compost. Will need other additives too of course

Also things like bonemeal was reduced by half and fish blood and bone down by a third. And lots of gardening tat reduced too

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
      +48,968
      Thanks for the tip off @Hanglow I bought these yesterday
      20220827_095224.jpg

They had sold out of the cheap blood fish and bone and the only compost left were these tomato planters.

Now I have enough compressed coir to make 150 l of seed and cutting compost, never tried it before.

What surprised me was how little actual organic material there is, just shows why it disappears so quickly.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hanglow

Hanglow Super Gardener

Ratings:
        +2,990
        I got 7 coir blocks from one and didn't see anything in another. Will now need to find a good recipe for seed compost to use it up!

I did nip into homebase and they had 70% off all seeds which is handy as i have mislaid some of my seeds i need to sow for the winter greenhouse. Other than than nothing else reduced yet there

• Like Like x 1