Most Annoying TV Adverts....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Osbaldwick, May 25, 2010.

1. Osbaldwick

Osbaldwick Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    What are your current ones?

No 1 for me is the Go Compare advert.

I used to like the Compare the Market advert but that is getting annoying now

2. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    Nothing, absolutely nothing can be worse than the "we buy any car" advert. If I ever locate the people that did that I would happily mix a touch of foxglove dressing with their salad.

3. Freedom_Spark

Freedom_Spark Gardener

Ratings:
    +26
    Halifax, 'isa isa baby' I think everyone involved in making those adverts should be locked away in a secure facility!

4. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +92,076
    Yep I hate both of those, but my main hate is BBC adverts, yes those annoying trailers of progammes yet to come.
    They dont show any adverts but these monotonous trailers that never change for at least a week are very annoying, even if they are running late, we still get the whole lot, and they make absolutely no money for the BBC, unlike adverts on the other channels.

But then why should the BBC care?

5. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    I can send you some Aconite flowers soon, if you need an extra ingredient for that salad.

Go Compare (and having used their website, it didn't come up to scratch)
    Sheila's Wheels
    We buy any car
    That double glazing advert with the faux 'pirate' and the BOGOF advert
    Hair colouring adverts - all of them

6. music

music Memories Are Made Of This.

A Little Bit Of This And A Little Bit Of That.
    Ratings:
    +2,785
    some have ESCAPED.:wink: music :cool:.

7. music

music Memories Are Made Of This.

A Little Bit Of This And A Little Bit Of That.
    Ratings:
    +2,785
    i agree most ANNOYING:doh: when the big fat singer floats up singing from the car i wish his SUSPENDERS would BURST and he would finish on his Ar** :) music :cool:.

8. Osbaldwick

Osbaldwick Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Its interesting that if annoying = memorable, does that make it a good advert?

9. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +48,979
    :lollol:

I completely agree with you, its so irrating - Mrs JWK knows I hate it and turns up the volume so I can hear it in the next room. Trouble is once I've heard it the tune keeps flitting through my head all day grrrr! Do you want to come around and prepare a nice salad for her Claire?

10. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730
    Why do they have to rack up the volume when it gets to the ads? They're usually much louder than the programmes and there's always an irate moment while we search for the zapper to silence 'Go Compare'.

11. RandyRos

RandyRos Gardener

Ratings:
    +404
    I agree with all the ads you've all said. especially this go compare one...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUfV97wnlcg"]YouTube- go compare advert (2)[/nomedia]

I mean, the bloke has just gone out and bought a BRAND NEW car, probably about £40k by the looks of it. You're telling me that he needs to save money on his car insurance??? pah! makes me sick :mad:

12. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730
    There used to be an ad for Marks and Sparks grub in which the (female) voice over had to describe something as 'connaisseur'. Unfortunately she pronounced it as 'con-a-sewer'. We never fancied it much.

13. cajary

cajary Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Os is absolutely correct.:wink: If it annoys you it makes you remember the product. You guys are an admans' dream.:ywn: You're stating that you know who the advert was for. That's all they want. I do online surveys and at the end they always ask if you know what the ad was for. :wink: Whether it makes you want to buy the product is not important. You remember the name:) When the adverts come on, make a cup of tea or cuddle your other half. :wink: The results are far better.:)

14. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,455
    I usually just ignore most ads but the noise of 'We buy any car' is so annoying that I immediately mute it.

What really does annoy me is not the ads but the BBC news. The music that accompanies it is so irritating so I switch it off.

15. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Head Gardener

"Pleasantly unemployed."
    Ratings:
    +4,413
    Digressing slightly, it used to be said that at Christmas, the saddest thing a child could read on the box containing their present was; "Batteries not included."

In that veign I'd add a new one. As many kids get video games as presents now, I've noticed the disclaimer below the TV video advert showing so-called "action" from a game, says "not actually game footage." How they get away with that I can't understand.

Nor the adverts for hair and make-up products which have disclaimers almost subliminally shown on the bottom of the screen to say the model is wearing hair extensions or false eyelashes.

And what about "70% of nine people (or whatever)... said..."

Such small samples prove nothing.