Mushrooms on me lawn!

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by accidentalgardener, Jul 26, 2007.

1. accidentalgardener

accidentalgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Help!

Mushrooms have started to grow on my lawn :eek:

How do i get rid? I love mushrooms on my food but not on my lawn. I can only presume that one of the dogs brought the spores back from the woods when being walked.

[​IMG]

2. NewbieGreen

NewbieGreen Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  3. accidentalgardener

accidentalgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Newbie what am I to do [​IMG]

Thanks for the thread though but these fungus have really given me the needle :D - rather clever of me that (gives self pat on the back [​IMG] )

I blame the dog's and/or birds. I have now also got two tobaco plants growing due to pidgeons pooing on my property! They don't pay rent so it's a damn cheek if you ask me :mad:

Forgot to mention i am one of the few people i know of that can kill ivy with nothing but a glance [​IMG]

4. elliegreenwellie

elliegreenwellie Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Accidental, I had quite a few mushrooms a few weeks ago but just kept mowing and feeding with aftercut and they have all gone now. I wouldn't worry to much about them, I am sure they will dissapear.

Now we've got red thread another fungal disease, but it seesm to be improving, I think it's all this rain.

Good luck

5. Fonzie

Fonzie Gardener

Transportation
    Ratings:
    +15
    I've had mushroomss in the lawn, and I just left them to do there job of breaking down the rubbish that's in there. When they had done there job I got rid of the top part.