my 1st garden proudness :)

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Gixer, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Gixer

Gixer Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    moved into our new home last december, and since the borth of our little boy I've found an interest in getting our garden sorted out :)

so here's what I've achieved in pics...
    (new build wha we had was a ruble/sand/weed mix!)

back garden side area

[​IMG]
    when I'd 1st dug it through then planted... all rather smll plants many were the half dead ones about to be binned at the market!

[​IMG]
    being a biking family we have few tyres kicking about thought it would be apt to use them and I wanted to make that area more interesting

[​IMG]
    and how it looked in the sun this morning :D
    they are almost all the same plants as in the 1st pic I'm soo chuffed with how they have come on! only 1 casualty and that was a single pansie plant.... although slugs are trying their best to devour other areas

So onto the front garden.... I'm a flowery girl I really didn't like the shrubs that came with the house
    [​IMG]

So that got attacked and became this...
    [​IMG]
    The turf that I had thought was a bargain was erm... dead! whoops so some hard work and grass seed and I now have this to be proud of
    (yes needs cutting, I've as yet faied to get a mower lol)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and just some shots I took in the morning sunshine that I'd like to share....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and this is my veggy patch :D

[​IMG]

Thank you for joining my mini garden tour I hope you enjoyed it I'm really starting to enjoy having a garden :D

2. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    You've done a great job, like the use of the tires and stacking them for veggies.

And your baby boy is adorable!!

3. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
    I agree on the above!:luv::thumb:

4. PeterS

PeterS Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +4,015
    Gixer - its so colourful - well done.

5. Gixer

Gixer Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you everyone :D
    We've finally started work on the rest of the wastland we got when we moved in.
    My husbande is determinded to have a perfect lawn but turf is an expense we can not justify, so he's spent £15 on seed at wilco's and has started the arduous task of digging over what will be the lawn - its 4m x 5m.... I think the sucess of the grass at the front as spurred him on!
    My veg patch is doing really well now :D I have some lovely strong seedlings coming through and all bar the leeks have sprouted so hopefully I will have crops of broadbeans, french beans, peas, brocolli, corn, peppers and lettuce :D yummy!

6. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    That does sound like a yummy garden Gixer, good luck with the grass too, hopefully it takes and does well.