My Allotments Wk25 Update

Discussion in 'Allotments Discussion' started by PLOTTY, Jun 25, 2008.

1. PLOTTY

PLOTTY Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all, just to let you know that I have posted my latest update, it includes some information on the problem of manure being contaminated with a herbicide which is affecting allotments up and down the UK, I hope this is not as serious as it appears to be, regards Steve.

http://www.myallotments.com

2. Tim D

Tim D Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    As always your allotment looks incredible Steve.

At the moment I just have a few potatoes, beans garlic and tomatoes going, but at the end of the summer we will be putting in some raised beds behind the decking. Hopefully we'll be able to grow a wider variety of veg next year. :)

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Steve,Thanks for the latest update.You sure did have a task working out all the plots to put forward in the comp.They used to have one on our site but the judges were usually friends of plot holders and then there was a row because on of the plot holders had his dad looking after his plot keeping it clean so the competition was hit on the head.:rolleyes:

Sorry,I do remember now that you said the Strawberries were unamed,must have been having a blonde moment:rolleyes:

Your crops as usual look brilliant and I bet you are now enjoying the fruits{and vegs} of your labours.Nothing tastes better than home grown and as I always say,every little helps:)

We have just started harvesting some of our crops too,and the birds have been helping us as well.We keep putting fleece over the Gooseberries but the wind keep blowing it off again:(

Thankyou for the info about the manure,I have passed on the link to all my allotment friends:)