My babies!

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by jay, Jul 4, 2006.

1. jay

jay Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    My rescued dog Candy
    [​IMG]

Me with Lucky - who is also a rescue but sadly no longer my boy
    [​IMG]

2. marge

marge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Jay - they are both gorgeous! I have always loved coloured horses - may I ask why he's not yours anymore? :( You are clearly a lady after my own heart as I have rescue animals too [​IMG] Will try to post some pics of them soon [​IMG]

3. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,789
    Jay, do we accept this picture of you with Lucky as your "Gardeners pic"? :D :D

4. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Jay..where did that horse come from?? i used to have an identical one in the field at the back of me..i have loads of photos but not digital to compare ..if its the same horse i used to call her queenie and she used to follow me around like a dog would..she used to belong to a gypsy but they stopped him renting the field so she went away from here probably in about 1990..its probably not the same one but we are quite close to each other in distance..

5. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    jay..sorry i see yours is male but queenie did have foals..

6. jay

jay Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Marge [​IMG]

Lucky was rescued as a dying foal from some gypsies but at a static site so no Wildflower, he wouldn't have been your Queenie's foal.. he was a permanent loan from the rescue I worked for, sadly I had to move, plus politics/control freak rescue owners etc etc, I won't elaborate! Anyway it broke my heart to leave him :(

7. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +411
    Lovely babies jay, I find large animals a bit intimidating which is why I have no mirrors in the house. Horses really are fantastic creatures, these were in the field next to where we stayed on holiday. We saw the owners riding and jumping them, quite a sight up close rather than on the telly. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BM [​IMG]

8. jay

jay Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Ooh they're posh ones! Aren't they lovely! [​IMG]

9. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,789
    Lovely dominoes.... I love horses but they frighten me. I knew someone in America who had a horse and whilst she was petting him he swung (is that an American word?) his head up in a loving fashion and took her nose off :D :D :D then I saw her with her face all bandaged .. but the horse still loved her and she him :rolleyes:

10. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    have got this one tied up at the front of my house accross the main road..costs us a fortune in carrots...

[​IMG]

11. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Seeing that pic Wildflower, has made me think of when I was a kid growing up in a small village in the New Forrest... Heaven...!! [​IMG] The forrest ponies of course wander at will, we used to feed them, some of them were quite friendly, but of course you had the odd one who didn't want to be disturbed & would turn round & give you a quick nip or a swift kick...!!! Had some nasty bruises I can tell you... :rolleyes: Saw out 1st foal being born from behind a bush, so as not to diturb the mother... Gypsies who still lived in the old benders & had horse & carts on the Perlieu.....!! As Kids we would find it very amusing if they got into somebodies garden, watching the people trying to shoo them out. :confused: You might be sat in the garden, or in our case playing & they would stick their heads over the hedge & start eating the flowers or whatever they could reach.....!! We even found the odd one that would give you a ride... thought that was wonderful..!! We had one pony to share between 3, so it was fun to find another....!! Gosh.. what you get up to as kids...... :rolleyes: Those were halcion days..!!! No worries about where you went, or how far..!! Always had our dog with us anyway.... [​IMG] Strange how the mind plays tricks. It always seems to be mainly sunny days in those memories, but it obviously wasn't, as they stretch over several years. Except when it snowed...Yippee, tin trays & toboggens down the hill...!!!!!!! :D Ooops got carried away there... :D

12. elainefiz

elainefiz Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    [​IMG] hi Lay when i saw your pic of Candy i thought how did that pic of my dog get on here?

13. elainefiz

elainefiz Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    [​IMG] this pic was taken whilst my dogs Dfor and Milly were scrapping over a packet of skips.

14. jay

jay Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Their faces are quite similar arent they elaine!

15. elainefiz

elainefiz Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    i couldnt get him to smile for me(he doesnt like alot of attention) but when he does his eyes tell me hes happy just as Candy`s do. [​IMG]