my best veg harvest

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by mums retreat, Aug 22, 2008.

1. mums retreat

mums retreat Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    this year i have done so well with everything i have sown, either grow in tubs or raised beds, my soil is to clay. Sorry but i am boasting a little. this is from my garden
    Potatoes grew three different variatis,Charlotte;Belle de Fontain; and cant remember last one, in four tubs each,and harvested enough potatoes to keep both of us happy till christmas,
    But also have sown six more bags of CHARLOTTE in July to harvest later; growing well.
    BEETROOT was good lasted a couple months,Few more to harvest in a month; SHALLOTS are now drying nicely; ONIONS will be harvested in couple weeks.; Carrots have been fantastic no carrot fly in pots;
    Dwarf RUNNER BEANS have been succesful have frozen about 10lb so far besides what we have eaten..;SWEETCORN have been very sweet this year.first time for this; CUCUMBERS well what can i say.had six plants, all grown in pots and up canes. they have been fantastic so far we must have had about 30 of the plants.;TOMATOES in my little green house
    well i think i could feed the street, so many and loads to pick all from nine plants.
    The only veg i had probs with was peas they did not like me this year so only had three feeds off of them.

2. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    I success story is always worth shouting about.
    Great job.
    Robert

3. terrier

terrier Gardener

Ratings:
    +12
    Well done that gardener. Up here in North Wales everything is happening rather late but my veg patch is coming into it's own, great feeling innit :)

4. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Where abouts in North Wales...not your town or village of course, just the area, as I know it quite well.:thumb:

5. oktarine

oktarine Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Well done "Mums Retreat" .

You should start a blog, and and me as a link ?

6. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    Well done :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: