My disease! (my website)

Discussion in 'Members Blogs/Websites' started by SAM82, Jul 16, 2009.

1. SAM82

SAM82 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    It may not be applicable for everyone but if you are affected or interested in finding out more...

I have a progressive neuromuscular condition call Charcot Marie Tooth Disease (CMT).

CMT is characterised by muscle wastage in the lower legs/feet and arms/hands. I cope very well with my condition and am able to walk, although often fatigue and foot drop means I need to use AFOs (leg braces).

I am the creator and admin of a website containing info on CMT and an accompanying support forum. This takes up much of my free time but is worth it...

FORUM: http://www.charcotmarietooth.freeforums.org

2. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Just had a look. I have never heard of CMT before so intresting to learn about it, well set out site BTW.

3. Clematis

Clematis Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +20
    Excellent website Sam. I too have never heard of CMT before - makes interesting reading, particularly the 'My CMT' section.

4. SAM82

SAM82 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks both!

Clematis, the MY CMT section is the main reason for starting the website and it kinda developed from there. There are quite a few clinical descriptions of CMT out there but aside from describing the clinical symptoms there is no personal view for sufferers to relate to. CMT can be a very isolating disease sometimes as not only do very few "normal" people know of the condition but not many medical professionals do either!

Thanks guys