My Guinea Pigs!!

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by SAM82, Jul 16, 2009.

1. SAM82

SAM82 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Right, time to show off my animals!

I have 2 dogs, both Lurchers and 4 guinea pigs.

I've done the dogs in a separate thread!... Here are the guinea pigs!

The guinea pigs consist of 2 "couples" with a male and female in each pair. Piglet (female) lives with Lenny, and Belle lives with Archie.

First up are Archie (White Rex) and Belle (Lilac Tri Shelti X)...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Followed by Lenny (Tortoiseshell & White Abby) and Piglet (Agouti Smooth)...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:yho:

2. Pippa

Pippa Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Beautiful.Boy do you love your guinea pigs.:gnthb:

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Really Nice Guineas there Sam:thumb:I rescued two of them the other year and they were living in poor conditions but I soon got them back to full health,sadly I lost Punky in February to old age but still have Mabel left:)

Thanks for sharing them with us and you have some lovely photos of them:):gnthb:

4. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Great pics. Do they live outside all year? I don't know anything about guineas, lol, can you guess! Do you ever put all 4 in together or would that cause fights?

cheers

5. SAM82

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I do indeed!!!! :wuvu:

Awww its is sad when you loose a pet... You could get a baby girl piggy to keep Mabel company. There are alot of your piggies in rescue. :thumb:

thanks! No they live inside all the time... they just have plenty of run time on the lawn in nice weather :thumb::hehe:

No they can't go in together! If carefully paired up then 2 or sometimes more boars (boys) can live together and sows (girls) will usually live together in big groups quite happily but you can't have more than 1 boar living WITH sows. you can have 1 boar with many sows.

Therefore if I put all 4 together, the boys would more than likely fight to the death.

They once got into on of the cages together and laid into each other instantly!!! I had a job separating them, they drew blood! (on me luckily not each other)... :hehe: But they are perfectly happy in their pairs.

The 2 pairs live side by side in cages in the living room but cannot see each other. When we first got the second pair, they lived next door to the first pair but COULD see each other and they were constantly squirting pee at each other and strutting up and down the boundary, all dominance displays. they girls were doing it too. :hehe:

6. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +48,979
    They are so cute, such good photos of them as well. I never realised there was such a variety of colours.

:)

7. SAM82

Ratings:
    +0
    yup, several breeds in lots of colours :hehe:

8. Little Miss Road Rage

Little Miss Road Rage Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Aww bless em and LMAO at them squirting pee at each other