My Latest Project

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by longk, Sep 14, 2015.

1. longk

longk Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +23,091
    I don't usually do work on here but this is less work and more fun. A friends mum bought this Puch SR150 new back in 1959 and four years ago decided to get it back on the road. So someone took it apart and then lost interest. Two other people got involved and lost interest so what I got was a frame with the front forks fitted and boxes of bits.
    Thankfully one of the earlier "builders made a wiring loom - sadly it has turned out to be a pretty but totally wrong lump of crapola! So having built it up around the loom I've just spent the last ten days making a new loom and working out why I have no spark - a vital part is missing! This is the reason for the bodgy wiring extension on the front and the loose wires laid over the bike at the moment and once the missing part arrives from Austria and my diagnosis is proven I can revert the front wiring back to the shorter less convenient length and ditch the temporary wires.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's not a full restoration but more of a rather deep recommissioning but it is more fun than my usual work. At least with this stuff you can work out wiring faults without wiring diagrams and computer diagnostics!

• Like Like x 4
    • Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
      At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
      Ratings:
      +51,884
      Keep us posted on this one @longk, I'm interested to see how it turns out. :)