My Minature Rose....

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Kandy, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    P1130847.JPG P1130846.JPG P1130845.JPG P1130844.JPG P1130836.JPG P1130835.JPG P1130834.JPG P1130833.JPG P1130832.JPG P1130831.JPG When we moved to our present house sixteen years ago we bought a lot of plants from our old house that we had growing either in the greenhouse or in pots on our door staging.Anyway as we were busy trying to dig out borders in this new house and replace the builders rubble and clay soil we decided to put out on our allotment some of those potted plants as we new that it was going to be hard to have to keep moving all the pots round the garden as we worked.They were supposed to be brought back home in the Autumn must most of them stayed on the allotment.:biggrin:

One of the plants was this so called minature rose,you know the sort where you get four rooted cuttings in one pot for sale at various farm shops etc.

This rose must be one of the biggest in the country and I am sure it should be in the Guinness book of records as it has hundreds of flowers on each year and considering tonight is the first time I have fed and watered it in many years I don't think it has done too badly don't you think so @wiseowl ? :biggrin:

• Like Like x 3
    • Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
      Ratings:
      +55,189
      I love the colour @Kandy ... my miniature rose I bought in B&Q about 17 years ago is now a climbing 2 metre high beauty. It stayed small till I put it in the ground, then it took off! Its flowers and leaves are still small however and has a lovely scent.

Sunseeker Buds (2).jpg

Sunseeker Cluster.JPG

Sunseeker 26 May 10.JPG

• Like Like x 2
      • Kandy

Head gardener
        Ratings:
        +6,543
        Love yours as well @Victoria like the colour of it and glad that I am not the only one that has managed to get one to grow tall.:thumbsup: I expect they are reverting to the height of the original rootstock and I expect they are micropropagated by the millions:biggrin:

Yours looks like mine in the fact that it has many different faces of each rose as they open and then fade:biggrin:

Hope you and t'other half are keeping well and no doubt enjoying warm :hotsun: like we are at the moment :smile:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
        • toppington

toppington Tiny garden, always on the cheap!

Ratings:
          +1,179
          All of these roses are so beautiful! so impressed with @Kandy 's amazing rose bush though, that is indeed massive and the flowers are so beautiful! Is it heavily scented as well?

• Like Like x 1
          • Kandy

Head gardener
            Ratings:
            +6,543
            Hi @toppington thanks for your kind words:thumbsup:

No scent that I can find on it at all so just have the beautiful flowers to admire.One of the branches had snapped last week so Mr Kandy chucked it on the bonfire pile.There is another branch that is hanging down due I think to all the weight of the flowers on it.:sad:

I keep meaning to take cuttings of this bush each autumn but keep forgetting but I suppose if I do managed to take some the bush might revert to something else:scratch:

I will have to go out and get a couple of photos of the minature rose I bought a few months ago and managed to get three plants with just one dieing.

Would love anyone else to put photos on here if they have an minature roses in flower:smile: