My new vegetable plot

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by geoffhandley, May 25, 2007.

1. geoffhandley

geoffhandley Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    This is my veg plot at my in laws garden. In January it was just a lawn with very poor grass. I have missed not growing veg for the last 12 years or so. You can't beat your own fresh lettuce etc.
    [​IMG]
    The early potatoes were started off under fleece. Don't think I needed it this year.
    [​IMG]
    The Hispi cabbages on the left are nearly ready.
    [​IMG]
    I am very pleased with this crop of Lakeland lettuce that are nearly ready. They are planted where i am just about to plant the climbing French beans on either side.
    [​IMG]
    The onion and shallot section.

[ 26. May 2007, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: geoffhandley ]

2. davris

davris Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    wonderful veg and salad selection, for a new plot you have have had a great success.

3. eastex

eastex Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Very impressive,puts me to shame.

4. elainefiz

elainefiz Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    It looks great geoffhandley.Very lush.The slugs have done away with my cabbages and collies and the sweetcorn is just about hanging in there but has been hammered by wind and cold.My maincrop taties need earthing up and the sugar snap peas need tying in....

5. cattwoman25

cattwoman25 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    well done looks superb wish i had some space to do it mine are all in pots lol x

6. lottielou

lottielou Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    That looks wonderful! Will you manage to eat it all yourself? :D

7. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Elaine, did you mean to say collies (as in collie dogs)? or caulies (as in cauliflowers)? David.

8. geoffhandley

geoffhandley Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Well Elaine might have some pretty tough slugs up there :D
    Lottie Unfortunately my father in law keeps asking for cabbage and I am growing spinach specially for him...mind you it was his lawn I dug up. He agreed to let me use it for veg but I think he thought it was going to be a smaller scale than this. My wife took him out for a drive and when he came back I was roaring round with my cultivator.
    We thought it might enable me to keep an eye on the old folks (they are both in their 80s). As luck would have it my mother in law let a con man in the house when me and the dog had just left. Father in law caught him and pushed him down the stairs...not bad for an 86 year old !