My peas wannabe mangetouts

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by Scrungee, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
    +28,997
    Most of the pods of my Feltham First peas (bought from Wickes last year when they reduced everything to 50p/pkt) have grown looking like mangetouts, whist all the Kelvedon Wonder peas either side of them are OK.

[​IMG]

2. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +48,957
    I'd eat them as they are Scrungee, Feltham First are a very poor tasting pea in my opinion. Kelvedon Wonder are much nicer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
      +28,997
      I had some of my Kelvedon Wonder with my lunch today, boiled within 30 mins of picking and I can't imagine a better tasting pea.

The Feltham First peas are now starting to fill out a little, but as I've never grown them before I don't know whether it's normal for them to grow to full length completely flat, then slowly expand as peas form inside.

It was only 50p for the seeds to try something new, but I think I'll stick with free saved Kelvedon Wonder seeds in future.

• JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
      +48,957
      I've never heard of Feltham First doing that before. There only saving grace is that they are the earliest/quickest to mature variety from a really early sowing normally.