My shame .........

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by spudbristol, Jun 22, 2008.

1. spudbristol

spudbristol Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    :o look at the state of me garden [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

soon to sorted i hope just dont get the time but ive orderd a new fence so the dam neighbours wont keep stairing at me :mad:

2. terrier

terrier Gardener

Ratings:
    +12
    Looks like the perfect wildlife garden to me,spud :D

3. terrier

terrier Gardener

Ratings:
    +12
    Looks like the perfect wildlife garden to me,spud

4. spudbristol

spudbristol Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Well its not to bad but it needs to be better at least my customers cant see it lol

5. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Its the same old story spud, a painter and decorator never gets round to decorating his own house, etc. Besides there is nothing wrong with your garden, a quick tickle wouldn't sort out. I imagine doing your own garden seems a bit like a busmans holiday.;):D 02

6. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    I agree with previous comments, spud. It doesn't look as if it would take too much to sort it out. Once you have your fence up you can get stuck in. I know what you mean about neighbours!

Looks like you've got some stuff in pots. Are you going to put them in the ground or leave them in the pots? Are some 'acers'? Trying to learn stuff:)

cheers

7. Anthony

Anthony Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Spud.

When it comes to having a messy garden you're only an amature. It takes years of practice (commonly referred to as neglect!) to truely master the art. :D

If I can offer one suggestion it'd be to get rid of the blue posts. There's nowt wrong with partitioning but blue? I think it was Alan Titchmarsh who first introduced the idea in the 90's and I honestly wish he hadn't.

Soap box moment over.

Ant.

PS: You've a wonderful looking garden!

8. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    Well you have taken the first step to correct it by posting it here, now we'll all be egging you on to do a bit more. Same happened to me with my project, I never expected to get so much done, so quickly but the encouragement I received just made me work harder!

I reckon once you have the fence sorted you will be inspired enough to get things done and soon enough you'll have a jaw dropping garden...jammy beggar...you have TWO greenhouses!!

Now go and get it all sorted out, and show us the pictures !!

Steve...:)

9. Jack by the hedge

Jack by the hedge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    A seed company once ran a "Sheds of Shame" competition. Mine would have won hands down if I'd entered! I'm hoping that in a few years time it will have totally disintegrated and will have disappeared on the wind. Still, it gives me an excuse for letting the area where it stands become overgrown in order to cover it up. All those suitors trying to find the sleeping beauty are a bit of a nuisance, though.

10. Anthony

Anthony Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Please re-arrange these words into a well known phrase or saying ...

IDLE BONE

:D

11. matt22

matt22 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    i know what you mean being a landscape gardener if i were to see my garden i would'nt have me me round to mine lol

12. Jack by the hedge

Jack by the hedge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't understand your meaning, Anthony. I suppose what I had in mind was the scene at the end of Hammer's "Dracula" where the old fellow crumbles to dust which is blown away by a passing breeze. I thought if I left my shed long enough the same might happen to it and I wouldn't have the trouble of dismantling the dilapidated wreck!

13. spudbristol

spudbristol Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    But i like blue ;) i might do them in brown though its more of a safety feature really due to it being a 41/2 foot drop the the patio! yep ive got a couple of acers there and a christmas tree that i got for a quid on christmas eve lol the greenhouses are full of "stuff" not plants :o but the fence comes tomorrow so i can crack on with that some time but at the moment im working 9-10 hours a day 6 days a week so it will be a slow job :rolleyes:

14. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Lol Spud if you like blue stick with it after all it's your garden and it's the one place you can do as you like when you like although I shouldn't take up nudism until a higher fence is put up otherwise your nosey neighbours might get more than just an eye full!:eek::D Hel.xxx.

15. spudbristol

spudbristol Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Well ive just finished unloading nearly 20 meaters of closeboard fence and posts its 8 foot not 6 cos they ran out :rolleyes: so if anyone wants about 160 2 foot bits of wood let me know ;)