MY WEEK : 4 UPDATE POSTED

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by PLOTTY, Jan 28, 2007.

1. PLOTTY

PLOTTY Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all, what a difference a week makes with the weather! our first real taste of Winter arrived this week for many of us but at least it was calmer than last week, regards Steve.

http://www.myallotments.com

2. badsal72

badsal72 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Congratulations plotty, I get both of those magazines and will look out for you in them.

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Well done again Steve on yet another really good read.I always enjoy reading your exploits on the new kitchen garden and how well you are managing to restore the beds and greenhouses,ready for the planting season...

Do you have a team helping you to do it all or is there just you and Glenn?

Looking forward to reading your next installment..Keep up the good work and Congratulations on your getting the write ups for the Gardening Mags [​IMG]

4. PLOTTY

PLOTTY Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Sally and Wendy and thankyou for your comments, there is just me and Glenn doing the project which we are enjoying very much, in time I think that we wil need more help especially when we start to plant, sow and harvest the crops. I am obviously thrilled to be writing for two magazines that I have been a reader of in past years, regards Steve.

5. KathrynMac

KathrynMac Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Some slugs are good but others a nuisance. To prevent them I have found a very nice product similar to one I used in the USA in my garden. Cats and other small animials are not effects and no chance of poison being walked on. Treated a few kitties for this and its not nice! There are several sites that sell similar products here is one.

http://www.rootrainers.co.uk/gardeners/protection/slugandsnailshocka

SLUGS AND SNAILS ARE BRITAIN'S NUMBER ONE GARDEN PEST!

The Slug and Snail Shocka is made from a patented fabric called Tex-R. This unique Slug and Snail control fabric has been impregnated on one side with a special formulation containing copper. When slugs move onto the Slug & Snail Shocka it gives them a shock (similar to when tin foil makes contact with an amalgam tooth filling) causing discomfort, after which they move away to more comfortable places.

Slug & Snail is very versatile and can be used to go around plants in the garden or be placed under pots . It can be re-used and remains effective for several years. This fabric is used by professional growers as a ground cover fabric to prevent root penetration into sandbeds as well as a moisture retaining and weed establishment prevention measure. Growers have found that the presence of slugs and snails and their resulting damage was significantly reduced when this fabric was used.

6. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    A good and inspiring read as always, Plotty! Thanks!

The slugandsnailshocka sounds a great thing, K! And their rootrainers are a particularly good thing too! Nice to know it's all Scottish.... :D