Name-sake horse running tonight

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by rosa, Aug 7, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    I have been following a horse that is running tonight wish it luck, it is called LINDA GREEN
    Windsor at 8.25 pm.
    My name is linda and i love the colour green :D

2. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Have just looked in the racing post online its only 7/2..and depending on the rain it could get less !!..dont think you will be able to retire on it rosa..but i hope it wins for you.. :D

3. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
  4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Hi wildflower, no i certainly wont be able to retire, iff it wins i will get a little back it will go towards a plant pot that i want to get.
    In the paper it is second fav. could go favourite later on will see.

5. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    you dont want it to be favourite rosa as you will win even less..!..Dont you look at the racing post online..its quite an interesting page... [​IMG]

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi just me, It is favourite 7/2 just checked it on teletext, wilflower never thought about racing post on-line, have not taken a price for it so hoping it goes out, and hoping it wins. ;)

7. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Lets hope the price doesnt drop even more as you will end up with half a plant pot..!.. :D I need to look on the racing post online on thursday so i can pick the winning dogs before i go to the races..dont want to come home out of pocket...lets hope you are a winner today..

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    iff the price goes down too much will end up with a quarter of plant pot :D
    There is a lot more races at the dogs around 16 and i lost the other week when i went, I prefer horse-racing iff you can pick one at a good price.
    My friend just lost out saturday she had five winners her last one black beauty let her down iff it had won she stood to pick up �£167,000 hows that for bad luck

9. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    If i was your friend i would have had trouble sleeping..I knew a man once that used to put 10p plus his penny tax..and do an accumulator and he won about Ã?£300 i dont think the bookies would accept 1p bets now.. [​IMG] We are having a meal at the dogs with husbands work mates i prefer horse racing too..its just a night out really..Those lucky 15 bets are reasonably good as you stand the chance of getting your money back..I like the big race meetings best..Their is a horse racing track here in wolverhampton all weather its okay for a night or day out..

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi wildflower, iff i was her id feel like slashing my wrists, losing that amount for one last horse she was waiting for, I watched the race as i fancied black beauty myself and it was sweating up and really did nothing managed to come fourth. Hope you enjoy the dog racing have a great night when you go. [​IMG] :rolleyes:

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Dont forget to cheer my horse at 8.25 tonight

12. roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +7,094
    Hi Rosa Just looking at your horse in the 8:25 at Winsor,I looked at the betting and it has been backed from 9/2 to 7/2 favourite,so you must had a huge bet on it ;)It looks like a good thing so very good luck and COME ON LINDA GREEN. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Thanks Roders, getting excited not long to go now, havnt got that much on it, just a little follow my name, used to follow one called loopy linda and it won 50/1 and i had nothing on it could of kicked myself, also a few weeks ago lindas lad won another fav.
    yes agree with you come on LINDA GREEN

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    bad news got beat came in 4th went down to 11/4 never mind better luck next time it is running

15. roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +7,094
    :mad: Unlucky Rosa she was there but it seems she came just to late.Still theres always the lucky 15 on Saturday.
    I know a little bit about horseracing as I live in Newmarket and worked for one of the trainers there( maintenance)not jockey.
    It is a fascinating game,but it does help to be in the know.......... ;)