New home needed for Bamboo (for free ! )

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by ismeval, Aug 27, 2008.

1. ismeval

ismeval Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    Hi all - just wondered if anyone in my area ( Tyne & Wear) wants a bamboo bush/tree. I have had it about three years now and it has grown quite large .... it doesn't send out sucker roots - just gets bigger around the bottom of the plant ...... but a bit big for me to handle now .... going free to a good home - all you have to do is come and dig it up. I have been told the roots are quite shallow and therefore easy to dig up and seperate .... it is quite sense and I suspect Alan Titchmarsh is hiding in there somewhere .... Val ( [email protected])

2. The Nut

The Nut Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    why am I never in the right place at the right time :( if you cant give it away try selling it HAVE YOU SEEN HOW MUCH THEY COST:eek:

3. ismeval

ismeval Gardener

Ratings:
    +8

When I first bought it it only cost me £3.25 !!! No - if someone wants to come and dig it up they can have it and just leave me with a couple of small canes ! ... Val .... but it is beautiful and rustles lovely in the wind

4. The Nut

The Nut Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Well Val I paid 25.0o quid from a very dodgey scource. In my local garden centre you looking to pay approx 45.00 for an established specimen.
    If you have no luck try free-recycle if you have it in your area :)

5. midnightrose

midnightrose Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  6. Shobhna

Shobhna Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    Wish I was closer too!

7. ismeval

ismeval Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    Well I am still hoping there is someone on here who lives closer ! .... after that I might use freecycle .... and if someone takes it I will be sure to keep a regular check on the small piece I want left behind - ... Val

8. Little Miss Road Rage

Little Miss Road Rage Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Me too

9. plantlife

plantlife Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Shame there isn't anyone close enough to get it. I'd have myself!

10. Shobhna

Shobhna Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    The Company I work for has offices in Gateshead but I'd not dare ask one of the guys there to go round and dig it up for me although the thought has gone thru my head.
    Transport would not be a problem then since we have wagons on the road all the time.

*****gone off to think*****

11. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Val such a shame your request has come at a bad time as I know one person on here that is close to you (Newcastle upon Tyne) that might just be interested in it the lovely Borrowers but she is away due to a death in the family. Are you in a hurry to get rid of it? Hel.xxx.

12. ismeval

ismeval Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    Hi Helen .... it could wait a while - we could tidy up the borders around it ! We are only 20 minutes away from Newcastle .... Val