New idea for Photo Competition

Discussion in 'Photo Competitions' started by Charlie, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Charlie

Charlie Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought the photo competition was excellent and great fun however I have an idea which may add to the overall interest and make it more fun as well.
    How about the competitors having a say in the end result? Why dont we run, in addition to Nathans decision, a competitors vote. Apart from anything it would be interesting to compare the two results. Obviously Nathans decision and choices would be the real winners but it would add a certain entertainment factor to the competition and certainly a lot of discussion!
    My suggestion is as follows:
    1. Competitors cannot vote for any of their own photographs
    2. Competitors vote on a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place basis with 1st place carrying 5 points 2nd place 3 points and 3rd place 1 point - The photograph with the most votes wins etc etc.
    3. Competitors votes should not be cast until after the competition closes and be in before 11.59pm the next day.

I was also thinking that it would be interesting to allow all members of the forum a vote, not just those who've submitted pictures.

What do people think?

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :D :D :D :D I think that is such a good idea Charlie, it makes such good sense & would make the whole idea of the competition much more interesting. Nathan & Donna could also join in the competition as well that way.
    Democracy at work. I couldn't have put it better myself. :D :D :D :D

[ 05. August 2005, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: Marley Farley ]

3. hydroponics man

hydroponics man Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    thats a brill idea, and i look forward to the cometition!

4. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    I totally concur with that - would look forward to taking part in a second string judging! Good suggestion, Charlie!

5. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    As for me - because I am bone idle, I am happy enjoying the pictures as they arrive, and having Nathan judge, as long as he is happy to do it and its ain't too onerous.

Either that or it is to onerous - if the competition is monthly - then having a different member judge each month. Methinks a second judging of the same pictures feels a little odd - but having a different member judge, now that feels better.

6. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +91,982
    I think you could be on to something Fran.
    A second judging of the same pictures dont seem quite right, I think one judging of one months pictures is the best idea. If Nathan didn't mind steping down as judge, and all members were given a vote at the end of the month (say for instance a five day period to get in your vote) it would be OK
    Just noticed your addition in the photo comp Nathan [​IMG] .

[ 05. August 2005, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: pete2255 ]

7. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :D Nathan,
    Thankyou, that's great news, the competion rule changes you have made make it much more interesting fun now & you can join in...!!!! :D :D Well done Charlie for sugesting the idea. :D :D :D :D :D