Newly rolled lawn

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by Furyp3, Nov 11, 2022.

1. Furyp3

Furyp3 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a newly rolled lawn, I've let it grow whilst it was being established. Now all these little leaves have covered all over from a big tree. I don't want to rake all the time because It will make the lawn bald.
    Should i cut the grass or leave it?
    I read that leaves can ruin lawns by blocking light and transferring diseases.

Attached Files:

2. ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +4,287
    Hi and Welcome to the forum.

It looks like its been down for a couple of months going by the good top growth so the roots should be well established.

We would give it a cut now on a high setting, while is still warm weather, that should also take up a lot of those leaves.
    Once cut it should be easy enough to bush off any newly fallen leaves from the now shorter grass.

• Like Like x 1
    • Liz the pot

Liz the pot Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +1,259
      You want a nice little blower but the grass needs a little cut too. Not only will the leaves damage the turf they also promote worms. There are only a few worms that produce casts but casts are a messy affair and they tend to make the turf messy.