1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Not Impressed with Van Meuven

Discussion in 'Retailer Feedback' started by silu, Feb 16, 2016.

1. silu

silu gardening easy...hmmm

Ratings:
    +8,083
    Like many other GC members:) I bought quite a few bits and pieces from VM when they were having a fee P&P AND £5 off deal last July.

I ordered some Phlox plugs which they'd advised would be sent around March time of this year.

I was checking my bank statement today for something completely unrelated and saw I had a refund from VM. Upon looking at my account with VM they had cancelled the Phlox order a few days ago and not even bothered to let me know. It was purely by chance that I found out. I'm afraid I do not check by bank account on a daily/weekly basis (probably should). I'd have thought the least they should do if cancelling an order is to let the customer know!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
      +46,046
      That's poor service silu.

I just checked my bank a/c as I'm still waiting for 3 more things from Van Meuwen, but no refunds. I'm due to get some Onion sets this month so I hope they honour their contract.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • silu

Ratings:
        +8,083
        Just had a response from my moaning email. They say they sent me a letter on 11th February advising of the cancellation. Hmm maybe, bit like cheque in the post I'm inclined to think! Unless they have some INCREDIBLE offers in the future I don't see me ordering from them again.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
        • Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
          +28,997
          I've had nothing back on my credit card, but that doesn't mean they haven't cancelled any of my outstanding orders like this one. How could I tell if I've had a refund? :scratch:

VM zero.jpg

EDIT: Phew, logged into my account and my outstanding orders are still there!

• Agree Agree x 1
          • Funny Funny x 1
            Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
          • silu

Ratings:
            +8,083
            I've still got some Garlic cloves on order from them and those haven't been cancelled yet. Maybe their Phlox grower had a disaster...I regularly have those:) and they genuinely haven't got any to sell. Still highly suspicious that they sent me a letter as our post is normally very reliable. Hope everybody else gets what they ordered.