1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. November Photo Comp is now open with a great new theme.! Come and join in.
    Dismiss Notice

Not Impressed with Van Meuven

Discussion in 'Retailer Feedback' started by silu, Feb 16, 2016.

1. silu

silu gardening easy...hmmm

Ratings:
    +7,814
    Like many other GC members:) I bought quite a few bits and pieces from VM when they were having a fee P&P AND £5 off deal last July.

I ordered some Phlox plugs which they'd advised would be sent around March time of this year.

I was checking my bank statement today for something completely unrelated and saw I had a refund from VM. Upon looking at my account with VM they had cancelled the Phlox order a few days ago and not even bothered to let me know. It was purely by chance that I found out. I'm afraid I do not check by bank account on a daily/weekly basis (probably should). I'd have thought the least they should do if cancelling an order is to let the customer know!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • JWK

JWK Gardener

Ratings:
      +19,884
      That's poor service silu.

I just checked my bank a/c as I'm still waiting for 3 more things from Van Meuwen, but no refunds. I'm due to get some Onion sets this month so I hope they honour their contract.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • silu

Ratings:
        +7,814
        Just had a response from my moaning email. They say they sent me a letter on 11th February advising of the cancellation. Hmm maybe, bit like cheque in the post I'm inclined to think! Unless they have some INCREDIBLE offers in the future I don't see me ordering from them again.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
        • Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
          +22,299
          I've had nothing back on my credit card, but that doesn't mean they haven't cancelled any of my outstanding orders like this one. How could I tell if I've had a refund? :scratch:

VM zero.jpg

EDIT: Phew, logged into my account and my outstanding orders are still there!

• Agree Agree x 1
          • Funny Funny x 1
            Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
          • silu

Ratings:
            +7,814
            I've still got some Garlic cloves on order from them and those haven't been cancelled yet. Maybe their Phlox grower had a disaster...I regularly have those:) and they genuinely haven't got any to sell. Still highly suspicious that they sent me a letter as our post is normally very reliable. Hope everybody else gets what they ordered.