1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Not Sure (Leaf problem)

Discussion in 'Roses' started by Irmemac, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Irmemac

Irmemac Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,686
    Hi there, I am not at all experienced at growing roses, but I have three in my garden which I have been given as gifts, and which are of sentimental value. This particular rose (don't know what it is but it is very thorny indeed, has a dark red flower, and a wonderful scent) has developed pale 'freckles' on some of the lower leaves, as shown in my not very good photo. The bottom of the rose is very bushy, so I have thinned some of the leaves in order to let air in, although I have no idea whether that will help.

IMG_3834.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2018
  2. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,881
    Hello @Irmemac my friend don't worry to much the freckles on the leaves are not to concerning at the moment,just remember when watering your lovely Roses just water around the base and not over the leaves if possible,it won't hurt to remove a few leaves if you want to,just keep an eye on them and keep us updated my friend:smile:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Irmemac

Irmemac Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +1,686
      Thank you, @wiseowl. Super advice as always. I have been spraying the hose over the leaves :oopss:, but will stop that immediately.

• Friendly Friendly x 1