OMG Its A Monsoon

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by youngdaisydee, Jul 1, 2009.

1. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    I Was sitting in the back garden, Sunbathing :gnthb: when it suddenly turned Dark.

[​IMG]

A few drops of rain turned into aRaging Monsoon :D With Thunder and Lightening :flag:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Neighbour :hehe:

[​IMG]

And his mate :p

[​IMG]

I know I shouldn't Laugh but if it was me drenched to the bone he would of Laughed his head off :lollol:
    I took the pics sitting on a stair with a heavy panting behind me, Awwww poor Cassie, :luv: She's such a wimp :D... Wish i could of caught the Lightening with my camera Tho...

[​IMG]

2. Sam1974x

Sam1974x Gardener

Ratings:
    +17
    I sooooooooo hope it comes down here !! Its just too hot now. My desktop weather alert is telling me its 31c which is the hottest its been all week so far.

A bit of nice rain would cool things down ... and water the plants :)

3. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Yeah Sam we needed it, The rumbiling has just stopped and its eeerily quiet :scratch: I Love to watch heavy rain like this :thumb: only thing is wev'e had rain every Day or Night for the last week and its kinda hard to cut the grass :D

4. Sam1974x

Sam1974x Gardener

Ratings:
    +17
    see now i LOVE eeerily quiet ..... suppose having 4 teenage kids and two dogs, its a rariety to be enjoyed in our house !

We had one night of rain I think so far and even then not much. Dry, hot and V humid here :(

5. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Dee sorry that you and Cassie have it bad up your way.I have just had an email from Rosa and she said that little Rosa was terrified of the thunder and lightning:(

We are still having a heatwave here and I have just checked the temperature and it is 82f dwon from 83f earlier and am sitting here watching the tennis in shorts and T.shirt.

I thought that now Rosa had got her car fixed you would be having brilliant weather although having said that we are supposed to be having thunderstorms over the coming weekend:(

Hope Cassie feels better soon and that your grass recovers,if not i'll send you some sun:D

6. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    Just a tad over 30C in the Vale at the moment with clear blue skys.
    I can see the A/C going on tonight to cool the bedroom down!

7. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Here too Dee! I had just put sheets out on the line & said to hubby, oh I'll just leave them out, it'll only be a shower:lollol::lollol:Leaving them out all night now I think:dh: It certainly came down didn't it?

Capney - :p I've got my AC on. It's a table top fan in the bedroom:lollol::lollol:Was looking today at the car AC. Never had it in a car before (:o you know what I mean) and we're going on a long trip with the dog and we were worrying about the heat but didn't know how to use it. Sat in the car with the manual out, now I know how to use it - yes that's right, a neighbour came and helped:hehe:

I hope it cools down for us all.

cheers

8. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    Still sweltering here but it's due to break soon. A bit bored hearing the BBC banging on about heatwaves and the dangers involved. It's only a few days!

At least you won't have to water the garden for a day or so, Dee!

9. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    :skp: I don't mind a drop or two but I'm praying nothing too heavy here on Friday!

10. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Hi Daisydee, a monsoon indeed!

Aww poor Cassie-she looks all hot and bothered there.

Well we are still hot here in the East, no rain [or should I say monsoon:hehe: yet]

Sam I know what you mean about a quiet house!!

11. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    OMG - that came quickly! Who needs the paddling pool when you've got that downpour!

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi dee it was teribble yesterday our way wasnt it, the noise of the thunder was unbelievable my rosa was screaching she was teriffied then the rain ohh my, mind it was the noise i didnt like i closed my curtains and my sky went off i didnt see any lightning mind just the banging and rumbling in the sky, its nicer this morning

13. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    I wonder if it is heading our way at all? Being in the East here we sometimes get different weather to what everyone else is having :dh:

Glad it is nice today for you Rosa.

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi jazmine according to weather forecast its going to be thundery wales south of england so you may miss it butr with our unpredictable weather any area of uk could get it, fabulous here this morning so off out up to peter barrats , pleased i didnt go out in the car yesterday i might of had the hood down and got caught in that rain.

15. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Hi Guys, Its a beautifull sunny morning, ive had a look to see if there was any plant damage, just a couple of foxgloves snapped, i was worried about my asiatics because there so tall but there fine and still looking beautifull.. I was at work last night and it was so humid, couldn't be bothered to serve the customers there ice cold drinks :) They sat outside all night it was that hot... Cassie's fine now and the neighbour has dried out :)