on the wasteland ..

Discussion in 'Identification Area' started by Back-In-Black, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Back-In-Black

Back-In-Black Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    we have an empty plot near our house and its sprouted up some beautiful flowers .. i have managed to identify some myself but need some help with this last 4 if you dont mind ? ..
    number 1 - i'm thinking some kind of poppy ? .. the petals that are hanging down were not like that before it got battered by rain .. it was like a big bowl and very poppy-like.
    number 2 - i was thinking some kind of peony, but the peony i have in my garden is like a bushyish with a few stems yet this is a single stem, quite a few leaves, approx a metre in height .. and it so does not smell like a peony, it stinks!! lol
    number 3 - i dont know about that one, it looks bushy and thats the flower on it lol
    number 4 - again a bushy plant, i did think it was morning glory but i bought a packet of seeds and the picture on the front of them doesnt match

can anyone help at all please . i would love to get some seeds and have these in my garden :)
    Eri x

Attached Files:

2. bambooruth

bambooruth Gardener

gardener
    Ratings:
    +313
    id say 1 +2 are gorgeous poppies 3
    + 4 are cranesbill or hardy geranium whichever you prefer to call them

• Like Like x 2
    • daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +2,881
      I agree with Ruth, first 2 are Poppies, second 2 are true Geraniums, ie Cranesbill.:dbgrtmb:

• Like Like x 1
      • Back-In-Black

Back-In-Black Gardener

Ratings:
        +1
        thank you both so much .. will pop them on my shopping list and look out for them on my travels :)
        Eri xx