One Very Lucky Greyhound

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by pamsdish, Feb 13, 2014.

1. pamsdish

pamsdish Total Gardener

Retired
    "Black Country Wench" in Margam,Port Talbot,Wales
    Ratings:
    +4,445
    Love That Crossed An Ocean
    Leave a reply
    [​IMG]Some may know that long distance relationships can be tough and it’s just a case of whether absence truly does make the heart grow fonder or if it’s more like out of sight out of mind!

As the week grows to an end and with Valentine’s Day just around the corner, the perfect story for this week has just fallen on my desk from one of Support Adoption For Pets‘s partnered charities and I couldn’t help but share it with you!

Beautiful Dezzie, a Brighton & Hove Retired Greyhound Trust dog met Lisa when Lisa was visiting the UK and he was in his racing kennels. Even the Atlantic Ocean didn’t wash away the happenstance and with Lisa living on the sun-drenched island of Bermuda, she would be forgiven for putting the fleeting meeting down as just a holiday memory.

Luckily for Dezzie it was obviously a chance encounter that Lisa never forgot so when she heard that Dezzie had retired and had been placed with the fantastic Brighton & Hove RGT for rehoming she contacted the rescue and gave him a forever home that we would all dream of – all the way over in paradise!

Last week, now jetsetter Dezzie boarded his flight at Gatwick and arrived safely at his new home!

Paws down, this has to be the luckiest rehomed greyhound we’ve ever heard of and we obviously wish him and Lisa, a long, happy and sun kissed life together!

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • RedDogs

RedDogs Gardener

Ratings:
      +145
      That's a wonderful story. My Lurcher (half greyhound we think) is the sweetest natured, most laid back and easy going dog I've ever had the pleasure to be owned by.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +53,889
        A lovely story, he's one very lucky dog! :)

• Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        What a marvelous story Pam:wub2:

• Jenny namaste

Jenny namaste Total Gardener

retired- blissfully retired......
        Ratings:
        +31,832