Ongoing garden project

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by SpiderInTheBath, Mar 28, 2010.

1. SpiderInTheBath

SpiderInTheBath Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

We moved into our house about five years ago. One of the reason we wanted the house was that there was a large garden for me. However, the house had been empty for two years and so everything was in a mess.

The house is a small detached bungalow with garden on all four sides. As you look at the house the left hand side is quite narrow and so we have the bins, a wood pile and a water barrel tucked away down there. The garden at the back is very big and there is a nice sized area to the right and the front.

I have done lots and lots of work and still have a long way to go. Thought you might like to see some before and after pics. I couldn't find any from before, before, before so even in the earliest photos a lot of work has been done. For example we had to get a tree surgeon in to cut down about 12 HUGE conifers and fir trees from the front.

I still have loads and loads I want to do, but I am about 70% there now and everything is growing very well too.

All pics are clicky ones.

Front before (can still see some of the conifers in this one).

[​IMG]

Front after
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back garden - before (although I had already started growing some fruit and veg)
    [​IMG]

During
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you like my piccys,
    Cath

2. andrewhutch1

andrewhutch1 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks lovely - garden envy. :D

3. Axie-Ali

Axie-Ali Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    looks lovely, you've certainly worked hard, now you can sit back and enjoy it :)

4. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Head Gardener

"Pleasantly unemployed."
    Ratings:
    +4,413
    A lot of hard work has gone it to that. I'm well impressed.
    It's nice to have somewhere to sit in the shade where you can admire your own handywork, isn't it?
    I certainly enjoy my summerhouse too.