1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our garden

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Sienna's Blossom, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Sienna's Blossom

Sienna's Blossom Gardener

Ratings:
    +383
    image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg I thought it would be nice to be able to have somewhere I can post pictures of our garden, and keep them together in one place. I like to be able to look back and see how the garden changes throughout the seasons, and capture different moments in time.

My garden means so much to me, because it all began in remembrance of our baby daughter who sadly passed away at five months old. She would be ten years old now, and over the years the garden has matured and we've created our own little sanctuary. Our garden has helped me enormously with my grief, and has been incredibly healing.

Just yesterday, I was sat outside and I felt all the tension in my body disappear, and felt so relaxed, just listening to the birds, enjoying the sunshine and looking around at all the beautiful flowers, trees and shrubs.

Here's just a few photos of the garden as its looking right now.

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    • Sienna's Blossom

Ratings:
      +383
    • Fern4

Fern4 Total Gardener

The gardener of the house!
      Ratings:
      +7,190
      Your garden is lovely @Sienna's Blossom and I'm so glad you get such comfort from it.

I can't wait for more photos just to see how it looks through out the year. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Sienna's Blossom

Ratings:
        +383
        Thank you so much - I'm so thankful to have found this forum and other like minded people who understand our love of our gardens. Mine really has got me through the hardest of times, and makes me smile everyday :)

• Friendly Friendly x 3
        • Tetters

Tetters Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +2,791
          Turning grief into something positive is something I believe many of us ardent gardeners understand only too well. There is simply nothing else that seems to be so therapeutic for us.
          The garden is a place that gives the purpose to stay alive sometimes, and can offer challenge as well as solace.
          I think you joined the right gang :grphg: ...........as long as you have a good sense of humour that is :snorky:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
          • Agree Agree x 1
            Last edited: Apr 23, 2018