Overcrowded bed?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Philip Hughes, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Philip Hughes

Philip Hughes Gardener

Ratings:
    +9
    Hi everyone,

I have attached a photo of my newly completed 'woodland' bed (under a Rowan tree) which includes:
    three primula
    three gernaiums
    two ferns (30cm full height)
    six hellebore (two varieties)
    swathe of miniature daffodils

I am worried now that I have been overeager and that plants are too close together - is the overall effect and health of the plants going to be affected? If necessary, I can remove some and put them in the space behind the tree where there is more shade; this will space out the display a bit more.
    What do you think?

Thanks in advance,

Phil. photo(4).JPG

2. joolz68

joolz68 Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +5,386
    Looks great:blue thumb:,thou i think your hellebores will re seed in front of your stones:dunno:
    Which gives you a better a better display in time,you could rearrange your rocks around them or pot them up for planting elsewhere :) the seedlings i mean ..

• Like Like x 1
    • Philip Hughes

Philip Hughes Gardener

Ratings:
      +9
      So you don't think I need to move anything then? Everything will flourish even the ferns?

• Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      It looks a lovely little spot Phillip:dbgrtmb:....i don't think you need to move anything just now but the Hellebores and Ferns will need a bit more space over time as they might crowd each other out:blue thumb:

• Agree Agree x 1