parsley 'Gigante Napoletano' £1.89

Discussion in 'Retailer Feedback' started by mikegardener, Mar 22, 2012.

1. mikegardener

mikegardener Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    It is time now for these ! ---at Crocus

• Position:full sun or part shade
    • Soil:humus-rich, moisture retentive soil
    • Rate of growth:average
    • Hardiness:full hardy

A delicious variety from Naples which produces large, flat, very aromatic leaves. These tasty leaves are produced on tall, vigorous plants and will keep coming after cutting.
    • Growing Instructions:

Sow outside - March to September
      (when the air temperature is above 5°C) sow 1.5cm deep
    • Harvest: June to December

• Eventual Height:0.3m
      • Eventual Spread:0.3m

[​IMG]

2. rosietutu

rosietutu Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +434
    Hmm interesting, But whats the flavour like ? I cook a lot and find some of these herbs are not all they are cracked up to be, one in particular is Coriander the supermarket growing in a pot ones taste less tho expensive and I have tried growing my own out side not much joy with that either so carrot and coriander soup is of the menu any suggestions please? love herbs they do add a bit of excitement to boring dishes Tarragon is a goody for chicken.and like mint is very easy to grow.

3. Madahhlia

Madahhlia Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +3,090
    I know I'm an old cynic but I think this will be very little different from any other variety of flat-leaf parsley on sale, which is mostly around that size. So I wouldn't pay over the odds for it.
    I always find flat-leaf parsley more flavoursome, though curly-leaf is more decorative.

Rosietutu, I find good coriander very difficult to grow as it goes to seed very quickly and develops little skinny leaves instead of the broad flat ones, and the flavour also changes. Shame, as it's probably my most indispensible herb, along with parsley. I haven't found the pot grown supermarket ones tasteless but they only last me one or two cuts, though I coax as much new growth as possible. Best value are the bunches sold in Asian shops.