Paypal help please

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Steve R, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    I've only just started using Paypal and need a little help.

When someone pays me some money, I guess I get an email? if so, is there some sort of transaction id on that email, and will the person paying to me also get that same id number?

I'm looking for a way that both the person paying me and I, can determine the same payment...( so they can quote it to me such and such number, then I can trace it in my emails)

Many thanks.

Steve...:)

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Steve,I have only used Paypal once and after I had filled out all the information required and entered the transaction I had an email come through{not sure whether it was the same day} with all the transaction details showing on it so myself and the other person receiving the money knew exactly what was what.

Hope this is of some help to you:)

3. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +48,997
    Hi Steve

I use Paypal a lot - mostly on ebay, but its gradually creeping in on other non auction sites.

Yes both of you will get a similar email with the Paypal transaction ID - you can click on the email link to go to your Paypal account or just log in to Paypal, Under your Account you get a list of transactions each of which includes the ID, description and price.

The email is sent immediately the buyer pays you.

I'd recommend you buying a couple of small value items on ebay as a test (watch out you can get hooked on ebay!) before going in on anything big. As with all stuff online - be very careful, double check others feedback/reputation. I'm a seasoned ebayer and have still been caught out once or twice. There is some protection using Paypal but it is heavily skewed towards buyers. Hope that helps.

4. lilyofthevalley

lilyofthevalley Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    If you log onto Paypal and log into your account there is a transaction history, just go to the relevant transaction and you will have thei.d there, then just cross reference it with any other documents ie emails. It is usually the same i.d and you are always sent an email. Hope this helps. xxx