Penny for the guy?

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Helofadigger, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Bob and I popped into a village store only to see a couple of youngsters standing outside the door with the bonfire favourite Mr.Guy Fawkes, of course we heard the classic line 'Penny for the guy' only problem was Bob passed them some silver and promptly picked up the 'guy' and started to make off with it!

I really can't take him anywhere but I have to admit the children's faces were a picture of total shock when Bob absconded with their prize guy needless to say the children did get their guy back and a little extra money too after all it was worth it just for the giggle factor! :D Hel.xxx.

2. Kathy3

Kathy3 Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    brilliant Helen, can just imagine the faces,bless them

3. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +48,979
    Worth it to see their little faces Helen :) - I hope it was a well made guy - some of the ones I've seen were rubbish, not much more than a cheap plastic mask and not even a body.

4. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    :lollol:Oh Helen...Classic!:lollol:...I wish I had been there to see that:rotfl::rotfl:

5. Ivory

Ivory Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    :D:D:D Wish I had seen those faces!!

6. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    There were an old couple following us in to the store and the poor guy was gripping on to the trolley for dear life to steady himself as he was laughing far too much!:D

JWK Bob said he didn't know what the guy was made of but it was blooming heavy he nearly pulled his back when he made off with it......once again a classic case of crime doesn't pay!:dh: Hel.xxx.

7. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    What a fun guy your Bob is hel. just my sense of humour. There were a couple of kids sat outside our corner shop, popping in and out of the shop stuffing their faces with pop and sweets with the proceeds. (saves mithering mum for sweets money):D 02

8. Dianni

Dianni Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I wish I had been there! It's something Gavin is always threatening to do but has never had the gumption lol! FANTASTIC!!!!!!

9. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Oh I wish I could have seen that Helen, lol.

When I was younger my neighbour & I dressed her brother up & stuffed newspapers out of the trouser bottoms, arms & jacket, put a mask & hat on him:) No, I don't think we did get much money, lol.

cheers

10. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    02 & Di Bob wasn't like this at all a few years back I mean he wouldn't dare to act the way he does now more like it would be me to do something crazy and Bob would just shake his head and pretend he wasn't with me!:dh:

Now of course things are different since Bob's health has got worst as it's been like a red rag flashed before a bull because now Bob acts how he wants to act and not as people think a grown man should act....if you get my meaning?:cnfs:

I must say I'm enjoying every minute of it but I really don't like it when he blows some wind in the supermarket and unbeknown to me walks away from the smell leaving me in the mist of things and being blamed as the culprit....I mean it's just not on!:(:D

Sandra so you have always been a naughty girl? That's just what I thought and I for one wouldn't want it any other way darling.:thmb: Hel.xxx.