1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Photo editing software special offers and Disscussion

Discussion in 'Photography Talk' started by Scrungee, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
    +28,997
    Down to £39.99 but if you buy also any digital camera (not marketplace sellers) you also get a further £25 off, NB this comes off at the final stage of the checkout.

I've had a new Lumix TZ70 + Photoshop in my basket for a few days now just waiting for one or more to be reduced, now I'll watch the TZ70 for any reductions on that and get straight onto Amazon chat and get it applied to my order.

Not a gardening item, but lots of photograpers here so posted in this general bargains board to get more attention

Software @£39.99

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B013UNN9N8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01

Further £25 off if buying with a digital camera

http://www.amazon.co.uk/b?node=5395265031

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
      Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
      +100,836
      That's a good buy, Scrungee........it's a pity that W10 doesn't recognise my camera when it's connected to my computer.

• Scrungee

Ratings:
      +28,997
      Photoshop elements 14 price dropped to £34.99. Now only £9.99 if bought with any digital camera sold by Amazon after the £25 off promotion.

I got onto Chat and they've refunded me £5, plus as they didn't get it to me next day with my latest free trial of Amazon Prime, they've extended it by another month (suppose I was a bit optimistic hoping for a refund on something I got for free!).

P.S. If you're a Prime member and select 'no rush' delivery, it appears as if you can get another £3 off, getting it down to only £6.99.

P.P.S. If any of you went for the try a 'Pass my Parcel' Amazon delivery to your local participating newsagent and get a free £5 Amazon code promotion last week (I ordered a £10 Amazon card with free delivery), the £5 codes are now being emailed, got mine a few seconds ago.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
    • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
      +100,836
      Here's a review of Elements 14

"Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 Features

New features of Adobe Photoshop Elements 14

• Camera Shake Removal tool
      • Haze Removal tool
      Enhanced features of Adobe Photoshop Elements 14

• Quick Edits
      • Find photos quicker - Photo Organiser
      • Guided Edits
      • Effects suggestions
      • Difficult selections made easier
      • View photos on a map
      When you first open Elements 14, you'll see the familiar options bar across the top but below this is a grey bar that features the words: 'eLive', 'Quick', 'Guided' and 'Expert'. eLive features useful guides and tutorials, Quick opens up a workspace where you can quickly perform the most common editing tasks, Guided provides step-by-step instructions to help you make a range of edits and finally, the Expert view lets you edit and enhance your photos using the complete set of tools available in Photoshop Elements 14.

For those new to the software, you can access the online help / learning centre where video and text tutorials can be viewed. There's also a 'getting started' guide available online, too.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 Ease Of Use
      Photoshop Elements offers several levels of editing, from quick and basic photo fixes and easy-to-use editing workflows to advanced[​IMG] colour correction and composition in the Editor workspace. No matter what workspace you are in, you'll have access to the photo bin where thumbs of images you're working on are stored and you can also access the improved photo organiser from here.

Organiser: The Organiser is a very simplified version of Lightroom's Libary and it's where you can view, add and organise images you want to work on in Elements. For those new to image management, you'll soon find your way around the interface as it's really easy to navigate, plus it's not something you must use, it's simply there as an option. The Organiser has actually got a little quicker to use and you can use it to find photos by a person's name, where an image was taken or even by where ou were when the photo was taken. We added several images from our photo library and the Organiser responded really quickly, plus it recognised and grouped portraits together with ease. You can also view photos on a map, too which is a nice feature.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 Performance
      The software opens up fairly quickly and saves images / shuts down quickly, too. Switching between work areas is also rather speedy as all you have to do is double-click the name of the work area you want to move into. Applying edits, even auto ones, isn't a slow process and when working in the Guided work area you can actually see changes applied in real time which are useful.

There are plenty of useful tools on offer some of which you'll be familiar with if you've used Elements previously, but there are also some new features found in Elements 14, of which we've tested the performance of below along with the tools / features that have seen enhancements since the previous release.

Quick Edits

If you're wanting to make adjustments with the software's help then this area will be perfect for you. To the left in the toolbar you'll find basic editing tools such as selection, red-eye removal and spot healing tools while on the right are one-click adjustments which can be applied by clicking on a thumb that shows a preview of the image with the edit applied. For example, under Exposure are a series of 6 rectangles all of which have different exposure settings applied. You can also see how the edit will change the look of your image without having to apply it by hovering your mouse cursor over the edit option which is a rather nice and useful feature to have. There's also a slider available to increase / decrease the effect of the adjustment you're applying should you wish to use this instead."

• Informative Informative x 2
      • NorthantsGeezer

NorthantsGeezer Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +2,621
        Thanks for the useful review. Very handy. Personally, I use Gimp 2.8 :blue thumb:

• trogre

trogre Gardener

Ratings:
        +280
        That is a bargain. I got pshop but from a dubious source so enough of that. I looked at Elements and it has all that I use in PS. If for some reason my PS stops working I will buy Elements.
        Not certain but I am sure I read somewhere on a astrophotography processing site that Elements does not have Curves which is essential if processing astro data,maybe wrong though.

• Scrungee

Ratings:
        +28,997
        The bargain story continues ....

The £25 off PSE offer has finished and Photoshop Elements is back up to £49.99, but when I bought the camera that enable me to get PSE for £9.99, I set up a '3 camels' alert on the camera.

Today I got a 3C's alert because the camera had dropped by £26.18, and despite PSE going up in price, and the £25 off deal having expired, I got a £26.18 refund!

This is a useful tactic to employ when buying mail order cameras with manufacturer's 'cashback' and you suspect their price will fall after the cashback offer expires, so buy <28 days before then and set up a 3C's alert.

• Like Like x 1
          Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
        • wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
          Ratings:
          +89,867
        • Scrungee

Ratings:
          +28,997
          Looking at some cameras on Amazon I've just noticed that the Buy any digital camera (sold by Amazon) and get £25 off Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 or Photoshop & Premier Elements 14 bundle on Disc for PC or Mac offer is back on and now runs to Dec 2016 http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/promotions/details/popup/AIW2998HJGBZ7

If you set up 3 camels price alerts for those 2 bits of software plus the camera you're thinking of getting, you might end up getting get a really good deal, especially if there's also a manufacturer's cashback promotion on the camera.

P.S. Anybody who's had an Amazon account from last December or before, and has never ordered any gift cards should be entitled to their spend £30 on gift cards and get an extra £10 free promotion.

• Like Like x 1
            Last edited: Jan 31, 2016