photobucket problem

Discussion in 'Photography Talk' started by Getafix, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Getafix

Getafix Gardener

Ratings:
    +4
    I tried uploading for both this and last months comp,but each time I upload to photobucket,my pics are drastically lightened.
    The pic is fine on my computer,fine as thumbnail in the bucket,but then ruined when i look at the original size.

Example
    [​IMG]

I never used to have this problem.Anyone any ideas?

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :scratch: Hi Getafix, I wondered where you were... :( Very sorry but can shed no light on your problem.. I haven't experienced that problem myself, hopefully someone can shed some light on it for you..

3. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,650
    Hi Getafix ,all I can say is that I took the liberty of saving your Image just to see If it changed, and It did revert to the Original Image In my pictures, I uploaded it and then like you it uploaded white :scratch:untill I,apart from that sorry can,t help much at the moment:)

4. Will Ting

Will Ting Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Getafix, sorry can't help with your light problem, just wanted to suggest you try uploading to Tinypic.com instead.

5. Dave W

Dave W Total Gardener

Anything I fancy and can afford!
    Ratings:
    +3,035
    I did much the same as Woo. Copied the original (as posted on GC) to my PC then uploaded to my PB account and then copied the link back What I got appears below.
    It appears more or less exactly as the first image you posted Getafix. This doesn't really take things much further forward apart from showing that an upload from my PC doesn't produce a significant change in image quality. The only thing I can think of to suggest is that you email a copy of your original to another GC member who uses PB and get them to upload and download from PB and see if they encounter the same problem.( I'd offer to do it myself, but we are going away for a week early tomorrow morning.) One other thing occurs to me and that's that PB offered at one time an option to automatically reduce the sizes of uploads. It doesn't seem to display these option now and maybe it happens on the fly if you upload large files. I always reduce image size on the PC rather than leave it to PB as I've never been sure about how lossy the algorithm used by PB for size reduction is.
    Hope you get things sorted. I don't think you've got an insoluble problem, but it may take a bit of time and experimentation!
    [​IMG]

6. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    I was going to suggest Tinypic for a trial too..
    I edit mine before I use PB as well as I am sure you do too, but you can email me a test shot to try & upload for you if you like Getafix.. Up to you..

7. Getafix

Getafix Gardener

Ratings:
    +4
    Firstly,thank you all for the input.

Now this is strange.
    I uploaded a pic through tiny pic and put it in the "how good is my pic thread" at the end of july.It showed my lighting set up.Maybe you can remember how it looked.Ive just looked at it now on tiny pic,and its totally blown out.So,I looked at it in the thread,and it is also,totally blown out there as well.
    here

So,whats happened between then and now???:scratch:
    What have I done???:scratch:
    If its the same on both PB and Tiny pic,then maybe its something that I've done here.

Marley,I think I'll send you a pic,one thats only been reduced in size.I'll upload it to PB,if you could do the same,then I'd be gratefull.Maybe then we can compare results.
    Thanks.
    Shea.

8. Getafix

Getafix Gardener

Ratings:
    +4
    After quite a bit of searching the net and chatting on forums,I finally got a result.
    I dont know how or why,but for some reason,my colour profile flicked over from sRGB,and went to Canon EOS 30D generic.:dh:
    Probably something that I did myself,and I should have noticed whilst saving as tiff,jpeg etc,but alas,:oops:

Anyway,its all sorted now,and once again,I thank you for the input in trying to help me sort this out.:thumb:

Regards.
    /|\ Shea

9. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,650
    Hi Getafix Thank you for letting us know,glad you have sorted the problem,It could easily happen to anyone of us:thumb::)

10. water-garden

water-garden Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Although you now have sorted it, did you know you can create an album here at GC? You can do it via your profile.

11. Getafix

Getafix Gardener

Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for the heads up.