Plants that really do earn their keep.

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by silu, May 30, 2013.

1. silu

silu gardening easy...hmmm

Ratings:
    +8,083
    I was wandering around my garden after a hard day's graft in it spending a little time actually enjoying it rather than you know what up, head down weeding or whatever and noticed my Helleborus Purpurascens (think that's right but plant was given to me by a friend so no sure of variety, it's a purple Hellebore!) is STILL flowering it's head off. It started flowering at the beginning of December (earlier than normal) and it's still blooming. That's what I call a value for money garden plant!

Do you have Hellebores or anything else for that matter which give such a long and sustained flowering period? What is even more to the plant's credit is that I live in Scotland and consequently don't have the kindest climate for plants. I have a couple of hardy Geraniums which have a long flowering period but not 6 months non stop and from the look of the plant it doesn't look like stopping any time soon.

• Like Like x 2
    • Jenny namaste

Jenny namaste Total Gardener

retired- blissfully retired......
      Ratings:
      +31,550
      What a lovely tribute to your esteemed Hellebore Silu. And a very interesting thread too. If it isn't raining tomorrow ( think the forecast looks more promising) I'll have a look round and see if there's something that is a good value for money/space specimen in my garden,
      Jenny